Unwanted marketing message

Page42
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I have IN-PRODUCT MESSAGING (display marketing messaging) disabled, but this popped up a few minutes ago.  Hope it was a one-off.

NOD32 Antivirus 14.0.22.0

ESET all your devices protected dialog.jpg

• Administrators

Please contact your local ESET distributor since each partner defines messages and the message  type themselves.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please contact your local ESET distributor since each partner defines messages and the message  type themselves.

I always purchase ESET NOD32 from Newegg.  Are they considered my "local ESET distributor"?  In the 8 years that I have been using ESET NOD32, I have never been told to contact my local distributor when I have a problem with the program.  Thank you.

TY for your reply, itman.  As I noted in my original post here, I have IN-PRODUCT MESSAGING (display marketing messaging) disabled.

4 minutes ago, itman said:

Try to extract the URL associated with the "Learn More" tab in the alert w/o mouse clicking on it and post it in the forum.

Will do... if it appears again.  I closed the posted ESET message as soon as it showed up.

42 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've inquired a colleague about this message. Will keep you posted.

TY, Marcos.  I look forward to hearing back.  And in the meantime, if the message pops up again, I will do as itman suggested and try to extract the URL associated with the "Learn More" tab in the alert.  

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've inquired a colleague about this message. Will keep you posted.

Same Here.  I purchased Eset DIRECTLY from Eset.  Thanks for looking into this Marcos.
In my case, the setting "Display Marketing Messages"  was set to a question mark "?" (center of slider).

Eset Ad.jpg

Edited by MarcFL

• Most Valued Members
20 hours ago, Page42 said:

I have IN-PRODUCT MESSAGING (display marketing messaging) disabled, but this popped up a few minutes ago.  Hope it was a one-off.

NOD32 Antivirus 14.0.22.0

ESET all your devices protected dialog.jpg

Have you previously backed up settings and then reinstalled eset and then loaded the backed up settings?

I could be wrong @Marcos but if my memory serves me correct there was a problem with this setting in the past.

It wasn't being properly backed up/restored. When someone backed up the setting and then loaded it it would show as disabled but the user  had to enable and then disable again  as it wasn't properly saved

EDIT

Just found the link I remembered. Not sure if it's any good or related 

Edited by peteyt

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

Have you previously backed up settings and then reinstalled eset and then loaded the backed up settings?

No.  TY for posting the link to the old related topic.  It's worth toggling the setting from OFF to ON to OFF to see if that does anything.  In my original post I commented that I hoped the message was a one-off, and so far, that is the case.  Still a mystery as to why the marketing message appeared.

1 hour ago, peteyt said:

It wasn't being properly backed up/restored. When someone backed up the setting and then loaded it it would show as disabled but the user  had to enable and then disable again  as it wasn't properly saved

The question is if the OP and the recent other poster did this?

The OP purchased from Newegg as I have done in the past. You are e-mailed a license key and normally one would just do an Eset in-product license update. No need to export Eset settings, uninstall, re-install, and then import previous Eset settings.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
  • Solution

@Page42, @MarcFLI've got a confirmation that it was a one-time US campaign. The message was not marked as a marketing one but due to a glitch it was displayed even if you had marketing messages disabled. We apologize for that and would like to make sure that your license is properly unsubscribed from receiving marketing messages. Therefore I would like to ask you to provide me with your public license ID for a check.

39 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've got a confirmation that it was a one-time US campaign. The message was not marked as a marketing one but due to a glitch it was displayed even if you had marketing messages disabled.

I'll keep an eye out for anymore such messages and will post back to the thread if one appears.  TY for the explanation.

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

@Page42, @MarcFLI've got a confirmation that it was a one-time US campaign. The message was not marked as a marketing one but due to a glitch it was displayed even if you had marketing messages disabled. We apologize for that and would like to make sure that your license is properly unsubscribed from receiving marketing messages. Therefore I would like to ask you to provide me with your public license ID for a check.

I sent you a private message.  Thank You Marcos.