IIS not installing after ESET Endpoint Security install

Mr.Gains

We're experiencing an issue where trying to install IIS after ESET Endpoint Security v8.0.2028.0 on new clients. The only way around is to uninstall ESET then install IIS, but we're not experiencing this issue on our servers ( File Security v7.3). Is this a known issue? It has recently start occurring where we have to uninstall ESET, Install IIS then re-install ESET.

• Administrators

I was unable to reproduce the problem. Do you use default ESET Endpoint settings with no custom HIPS rules?

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection or disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine make a difference?

I'd recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor to troubleshoot the issue further.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:57 AM, Marcos said:

I was unable to reproduce the problem. Do you use default ESET Endpoint settings with no custom HIPS rules?

Does temporarily pausing real-time protection or disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine make a difference?

I'd recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thank you Marcos for trying to reproduce the problem, we think it's something on IIS install end now. We resolved the issue by creating a sub-directory manually, for some reason the path wasn't created initially. We'll check on this again on the next machine that we install ESET on.