New Setup EIS 14.0.22 first scan or complete scan process cannot show current progress

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I think maybe eset has some bugs about this, i finally use 12min to finfish the registry scan.

Log
Scanned disks, folders and files: System registry
Date: 2021/4/19  Time: 22:48:36
Time of completion: 23:13:46  Total scanning time: 1510 sec (00:25:10)

Just now, NinjaMuzi said:

So it's the problem i met also together with complete scan

Your prior screen shot shows you have multiple Eset scans running at the same time. This will most likely screw up each scan running. Only run one Eset on-demand scan at a time.

• Administrators

I'd let only one scan run and do not interrupt it for at least 24 hours. Scanning the registry and WMI can take long like in the screen shot below. The scan is not stuck and still scanning things:

image.png

I will also add that Eset scans employ Eset's "Smart scan technology."

Simply put, this means Eset will not rescan objects previously scan unless they have be modified in some way subsequent to a previous scan. This is also the reason why the initial scan after Eset installation takes so long to complete; nothing previously has been scanned. It is also critical that this initial scan fully complete to speed up further on-demand Eset scans.

1 minute ago, itman said:

I will also add that Eset scans employ Eset's "Smart scan technology."

Simply put, this means Eset will not rescan objects previously scan unless they have be modified in some way subsequent to a previous scan. This is also the reason why the initial scan after Eset installation takes so long to complete; nothing previously has been scanned. It is also critical that this initial scan fully complete to speed up further on-demand Eset scans.

I know that, i have reinstall eset for at least 10 times from 2020 to 2021. Only this time reinstall win10 and eset show this problem. Last time i reinstall eis it shows object scanned not stuck during initial scan.

Also, only need about 20 mins to finish the initial scan.

Only this time problem occur

1 minute ago, NinjaMuzi said:

I know that, i have reinstall eset for at least 10 times from 2020 to 2021. Only this time reinstall win10 and eset show this problem. Last time i reinstall eis it shows object scanned not stuck during initial scan.

Also, only need about 20 mins to finish the initial scan.

Only this time problem occur

OK ....... Additional posting info. always helps with diagnosis.

I haven't done a new installation if EIS in some time. It may be there is an issue with the initial scan processing.

Just now, itman said:

OK ....... Additional posting info. always helps with diagnosis.

I haven't done a new installation if EIS in some time. It may be there is an issue with the initial scan processing.

You are helpful and experienced man! Glad to meet you. I have to say sorry for my worried feelings, just want to check this is a bug or not

Log
Time of completion: 0:02:36  Total scanning time: 1811 sec (00:30:11)

Successful scan.

Maybe next version can show different stage of scan process! if it possible please tell me thx very much