NOD32 Gamer Mode Shortcut (?)

pudding69

So guys. It's been a year since it was posted before by other user. And that topic is archived. So can we hope you will add the hotkey and a menu option in tray menu? It's really irritating to go thru the menu millions of times. Yes it have an option to auto run it when fullscreen application is launched, but it's cant statisfy everyone, there are literally the millions of different situations. So you just basically making us to click 9 times just for enable/disable game mode cycle. Not really gamer approach. Adding that option in pop-up menu in tray could shorten the circle just to 4 clicks (almost in half). If someone enabling/disabling it by hand 2 times a day - you can save them like 3.5 thousand click in a year. And you can double the pleasure by adding the ability to use hotkey. Please reconsider your approach. With all respect, Pudding69.

• Administrators

Could you please elaborate more on how you use gamer mode? What are your reasons for using GM?

With GM activated, the following happens:
- scheduled tasks are paused
- module updates are paused
- no notifications pop up.

Do you have a problem with some notifications that pop up while playing games and that's the reason why you use GM?

Here we go again. Why are you resisting for years just add simple option/hotkey? Every time when post like this appears you try to explain us why we don't need it.  Is it that hard? It's probably a few lines of code... 

• Administrators

Each change in the product requires deeper analysis, including understanding of use cases that the change should address and benefits that it will have for our users. We use conceptual approach when making improvements and do not implement changes blindly without knowing more information.

There's a ton of messages about that. Auto game mode is not a an option for everyone. There is a lot of situations when games are played in windowed mode. There also a post about game mode getting triggered by browser full screen videos. I will tell this one more time: gamer ASKING you to ADD this OPTION, FOR YEARS. You made that feature with a specific purpose and when targeted audience asking you to improve that you tell us that we don't need it and its need a LOT of research. Just add hotkey option, what's wrong with you...

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Each change in the product requires deeper analysis, including understanding of use cases that the change should address and benefits that it will have for our users. We use conceptual approach when making improvements and do not implement changes blindly without knowing more information.

7 hours ago, pudding69 said:

There's a ton of messages about that. Auto game mode is not a an option for everyone. There is a lot of situations when games are played in windowed mode. There also a post about game mode getting triggered by browser full screen videos. I will tell this one more time: gamer ASKING you to ADD this OPTION, FOR YEARS. You made that feature with a specific purpose and when targeted audience asking you to improve that you tell us that we don't need it and its need a LOT of research. Just add hotkey option, what's wrong with you...

I have suggested a way that would fix this problem and others but I understand it wouldn't be a quick thing to implement. 

The solution is allowing the menu when you right click on the Eset icon in the system tray to be customisable - by this I mean allowing users to add what they want to see. This would mean users could add things like Gamer Mode, Firewall Troubleshooter and anything else they used frequently. This gives the user some control and makes the product easer to use

26 minutes ago, peteyt said:

The solution is allowing the menu when you right click on the Eset icon in the system tray to be customisable - by this I mean allowing users to add what they want to see.

Actually, I would go one further on this. If automatic Gamer mode is switched off, the Gamer mode option would appear in Eset desktop icon option settings as was done in Eset earlier versions. -EDIT- When automatic Gamer mode is enabled, the Gamer mode option in Eset desktop icon option settings would be dimmed indicating it is not available.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, itman said:

Actually, I would go one further on this. If automatic Gamer mode is switched off, the Gamer mode option would appear in Eset desktop icon option settings as was done in Eset earlier versions. -EDIT- When automatic Gamer mode is enabled, the Gamer mode option in Eset desktop icon option settings would be dimmed indicating it is not available.

However if you could customise this area you could put whatever you liked there for quick access 

So I guess they ignoring us again. 

You know what, guys? Auto game mode not getting triggered by only game I play. And yes, its online and I have very weak PC.

• Administrators

As already explained, we are awaiting more details on your use case of gamer mode to better understand how you use gamer mode and what benefits it gives you.

Hello, genius! I am using gaming mode when playing games! And yes, it have very nice features like no pop-ups, disabling updates and lowers CPU usage. I need to go thru all menus just to check if it enabled itself by launching fullscreen application. And it's not always working, and I need to check it by myself, and sometimes we (gamers) play in windowed mode. Gamer mode is also very useful for streaming and you also need to turn it on manually. You have access to data users kindly share with you by marking it in the options. Do a research and look up how often people enabling it manually. Do you even have somebody responsible for UX? How does it ended up like that? You implemented a feature and did ZERO research about usability of it. Did you even tested it? You can hire me and I will do the research myself, create and design prototype. Send me an email. "How do you use it?" Such a nonsense, you are a corporation, you did no research, you did a bad job and when we literally begging you to do something about that, making suggestions you ask us how do we use it? We made that clear - we literally making a lot of movements just to enable the feature manually, because I will say it again: WE USING IT MANUALLY AND WE NEED INSTANT ACCES TO THIS FEATURE. I wasn't checking this thread for 3 days because every time you are putting me in rage. Just say it - WE DO NOT CARE AND WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT! I feel so sorry that I have 3 year license, but as soon as it's end I'm switching to other product, from people who care about customers. It's a shame because I am really pleased with a product, but that support.... Making us beg on the knees for more than a year, and all we got: "HOW DO YOU USE IT?" 

We are the gamers and we know what we want, we are very confident PC users and really appreciate customization options. And you keep telling us that we don't need it or we don't know how to use software.  

35 minutes ago, pudding69 said:

Hello, genius! I am using gaming mode when playing games!

@pudding69 Honestly, do you really think comments like this will help you get anywhere? 

• Administrators

I recommend contacting your local ESET distributor and asking for the feature while providing more information on the use case. The more users will request it, the higher chance we will consider adding it providing that the feature would be useful for many of our users.

Since everything has been said and explained, we'll draw this topic to a close.

• Marcos locked this topic