6.10.900.0 and MDM PPPC profile

jstaubr
Go to solution Solved by jstaubr,

Hi,

we are using WorkspaceOne as a MDM solution and have setup our profiles according to this https://support.eset.com/en/kb7324-deploy-eset-endpoint-products-for-macos-using-jamf-pro

It has worked allright for the past versions but the new 6.10.900.0 is behaving like there aren't any PPPC settings pushed at all. System Extensions are loaded and active, but every user we upgraded from 6.10.460.1 had the alert window about full disk access popup even though it worked with the past version without user interaction.

If I uninstall the EEA 6.10.900.0 and install back 6.10.640.1 it works flawlessly.

I have checked the code requierements of the app haven't changed but I can't debug anything else.

Edited by jstaubr

• jstaubr changed the title to 6.10.900.0 and MDM PPPC profile
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

For anyone interested:

Extensions changed their identifiers and also you have to allow com.eset.devices extension full disk access via PPPC.

These are the extension IDs.

identifier: com.eset.devices

bundleID: identifier "com.eset.devices" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = P8DQRXPVLP

identifier: com.eset.endpoint

budleID: identifier "com.eset.endpoint" and anchor apple generic and certificate 1[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.2.6] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[field.1.2.840.113635.100.6.1.13] /* exists */ and certificate leaf[subject.OU] = P8DQRXPVLP

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

The KB team is looking at this as related to updating the kb7324 and we have three SMEs replicating this to confirm. 

Thank you for posting.