ESET Endpoint Antivirus Linux 8.0.3.0 - cannot start GUI

Nightowl
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

• Most Valued Members

Hello, I have updated from v7 to v8 , but I am unable to start the GUI not from the menu and not from terminal

this is what I get from terminal.

error sending Activate message to application: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process eset.eea exited with status 1

UPDATE: It's related to the gui of the system , with MATE it doesn't work , with GNOME it works fine , I tried to download missing files it could fix but it didn't , I've downloaded GNOME to the system , also it didn't work from MATE , switching to GNOME will show the GUI

Any way to fix it for MATE?

Edited by Nightowl

• Most Valued Members

I understand , MATE is not supported and probably those commands are made for GNOME/other supported interfaces.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Unfortunately, only the following desktop environments are supported according to the documentation:

• GNOME
  • KDE
  • XFCE

• Most Valued Members

I've tried to switch to one of these desktop environments but it makes me crazy ,  I reverted back to MATE and I'm getting more used for the commands , I'm using -h to get more commands because I can't find them in the documentation , sadly I cannot get this PC with Agent , so I will have to do it from terminal, but also looks nice :)