My account has been hacked

bsela

My account has been hacked and my computer is sending lots of falls e-mail therefore i am reviving  

at my Inbox "Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed"

I installed Nod 32 antivirus but it did not found the infected file.

Please Helpppp

• Administrators

How do you know your computer was actually infected? What account do you suspect to have been hacked? If you scanned your disk and no malware was found, most likely it was somebody else with your email address in his or her contact list who had the system infected and malware forged the sender's email address.

If you have a hotmail account or any MSN.com account (ie. @live , @outlook.com, etc) then that is a very well known thing...they are the easiest accounts to get hacked and send random emails. I stopped using @hotmail since 5 years and never looked back. Now I use @zoho.com

no spam, no ads, free, supports IMAP, you name it.

you do not necessarily have a virus, your account has been hacked and that has nothing to do with ESET. It's your MSN account got compromised probably due to an easy to crack password.

change your password immediately to something complex like: B$3LA!737 (as an example) then change your security questions, then contact their support

As mentioned above, you don't need to be infected to get an account hacked, use a strong unique password on each site i.e not the same password on several sites like having the same PW on your online e-mail account and your forum account here. And also enable two way verification. It can also be good to create an alias email that you can use when you register/sign up on forums etc...

@Tweak Arena, can you show us some facts that the MS powered email services are the easiest to hack?

I have had my main hotmail account since 2005 and I have never had it hacked. I also have outlook accounts and they have never been hacked either. The key is to look after your accounts, its not just "set and forget" and think it'll take care of itself because it won't.

A family member had he's hotmail account hacked once due to a weak password, and since I was in the contacts list I did of course receive a few spam mails, I reported it to MS by using (I think my friends account have been hacked) and the account was quickly shutdown. Then I made sure the new password was strong enough and it have not been hacked after that. I also make sure the password is changed once in a while, for some reason people tend to forget that!  :)

I admit that the outlook.com service is working bad at the moment "you have been logged out for security reasons for example if you have been logged in for more than 24 hours..." What?

I just right now logged in to check my email! But that's a different topic. 

Edited by SweX

As mentioned above, you don't need to be infected to get an account hacked, use a strong unique password on each site i.e not the same password on several sites like having the same PW on your online e-mail account and your forum account here. And also enable two way verification. It can also be good to create an alias email that you can use when you register/sign up on forums etc...

@Tweak Arena, can you show us some facts that the MS powered email services are the easiest to hack?

I have had my main hotmail account since 2005 and I have never had it hacked. I also have outlook accounts and they have never been hacked either. The key is to look after your accounts, its not just "set and forget" and think it'll take care of itself because it won't.

A family member had he's hotmail account hacked once due to a weak password, and since I was in the contacts list I did of course receive a few spam mails, I reported it to MS by using (I think my friends account have been hacked) and the account was quickly shutdown. Then I made sure the new password was strong enough and it have not been hacked after that. I also make sure the password is changed once in a while, for some reason people tend to forget that!  :)

I admit that the outlook.com service is working bad at the moment "you have been logged out for security reasons for example if you have been logged in for more than 24 hours..." What?

you're right, I had used a simple password in the past that's why my hotmail was hacked and people were complaining to me that I'm sending them spammy messages.

if you google how to hack hotmail you will get millions of answers, it seems like it's the most targeted:

https://sites.google.com/site/jatedisse/how-to-hack-almost-any-hotmail-easily-without-keylogging-in-24-hours

thats just one example

also, like you, outlook is crazy, I login from my  same IP always and I keep getting SMS and email notifications that a suspicious login was detected what the heck

I use outlook.com for my personal email.  ********@outlook.com.

I used hotmail before that. My mail has never been tampered with.

I also only use the webmail once a month .... if that.

I use Outlook 2010 from MS office at home.

I use Outlook 2007 from MS office at work.

;)

It's all about passwords, and keeping your computer clean from trojans that will use your existing login credentials to spam.

if you google how to hack hotmail you will get millions of answers, it seems like it's the most targeted:

https://sites.google.com/site/jatedisse/how-to-hack-almost-any-hotmail-easily-without-keylogging-in-24-hours

thats just one example

Yes but being the "most targeted" and "easiest to hack" is not the same.

But it doesn't really matter. The "people" doing this have automatic systems working 24/7 trying to crack users passwords etc etc.. and once in a while they do unfortunately succeed. 

And yes, if the problems with outlook.com will continue for some time I will have to look for alternative email services. It really is ridiculous how bad it works at the moment. Not acceptable!

My Outlook account works fine Swex. Never ever had an issue. I think i have had it for 2 years now ? Since its release whenever that was.

Edited by Arakasi

thats just one example

But it doesn't really matter. The "people" doing this have automatic systems working 24/7 trying to crack users passwords etc etc.. and once in a while they do unfortunately succeed. 

And yes, if the problems with outlook.com will continue for some time I will have to look for alternative email services. It really is ridiculous how bad it works at the moment. Not acceptable!

Try this man: Zoho

no ads, no spam, what I love about it is that you can actually blacklist domains or emails so they never even hit your spam box even

very nice interface, has IMAP, and is FREE and reliable and doesn't track you like google or MSN

Mine Outlook account works fine Swex. Never ever had an issue. I think i have had it for 2 years now ? Since its release whenever that was.

That sounds like an email service I would enjoy using.  :D

But it doesn't work like that for me, I can login and just a couple mins later I am automatically logged out for "security reasons."

thats just one example

Try this man: Zoho

no ads, no spam, what I love about it is that you can actually blacklist domains or emails so they never even hit your spam box even

very nice interface, has IMAP, and is FREE and reliable and doesn't track you like google or MSN

Spam is actually not an issue at all, I never see spam in my hotmail/outlook.com inbox these days so I can't complain on that. But thanks anyway, I might take a look if I decide to change.

Tracking or no tracking, my ISP follow every step I take like a good old dog anyway. I am not saying I like the tracking but I don't care much about it, there are simply other things in life that are more important than trying to be invisible or anonymous online.

Edited by SweX