ESET Rogue Detection Sensor: filter out non computer clients

So, after searching the forum I've come accross a sollution to this problem, what in my case (up to 100 clients) should do the trick. In this article: ESET Rogue Detection Sensor policy settings | ESET Security Management Center | ESET Online Help it says that I can blacklist the IPs / MACs from being detected. The only thing I do not understand is: if I create such a policy what do I assignt it to? The ESET Protect machine? All my clients? I really do not get it...

• ESET Staff
7 hours ago, nashaden said:

So, after searching the forum I've come accross a sollution to this problem, what in my case (up to 100 clients) should do the trick. In this article: ESET Rogue Detection Sensor policy settings | ESET Security Management Center | ESET Online Help it says that I can blacklist the IPs / MACs from being detected. The only thing I do not understand is: if I create such a policy what do I assignt it to? The ESET Protect machine? All my clients? I really do not get it...

As already mentioned, you have to assign it at least to device where RDSensor is actually installed, but nothing would happen if you assign it to group All - devices where no RDSensor is installed will ignore it, and in case you will deploy new sensor on different device in your network, it will share the same configuration.