How to unstall agent and endpoint security from laptops with Intune

At this moment we have installed and provide updates through Intune packages for laptops, this is working fine, but we want to uninstall EEES and tge agent now from a group laptops. I want to use Intune again, but because the packages is based on the ESET allinone installer, this is not working. Unistall form the ESET products through the ESET management portal is not an options for this moment.

Has someone any idea how to deal with this? Is it maybe possible to unpack the allinone package into standalone installers for the agent and Endpoint Security?

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately I am not aware of how Intune works and what are its capabilities, but even when you used all-in-one installer for deployment, it is just wrapper over standard/standalone MSI installers, so I would expect uninstall will work as with other such packages. Even uninstallation from console works in a way it uses msiexec calls to uninstall product - there is no custom logic behind that.
Standalone installers can be downloaded manually, but maybe even better solution, at least for management agent would be to use installer stored on client device on path:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\SetupData\Installer

which is backup of currently installed product version. If I recall correctly, similar approach is used for endpoint products, where current installers will be most probably stored in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer

• Most Valued Members

While this isn't efficient, it is at least effective.   Download the EsetUninstaller.exe and run it on the laptops manually (in safe mode).

Just my $0.02.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, MartinK said:

Unfortunately I am not aware of how Intune works and what are its capabilities, but even when you used all-in-one installer for deployment, it is just wrapper over standard/standalone MSI installers, so I would expect uninstall will work as with other such packages. Even uninstallation from console works in a way it uses msiexec calls to uninstall product - there is no custom logic behind that.
Standalone installers can be downloaded manually, but maybe even better solution, at least for management agent would be to use installer stored on client device on path:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\SetupData\Installer

which is backup of currently installed product version. If I recall correctly, similar approach is used for endpoint products, where current installers will be most probably stored in:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Installer

Normally it's possible te use (un)install commands with Intune, for instance the ESET package installs with the command ESMC_Installer_x64_nl_NL 8.0.exe --silent. To uninstall you can then user ESMC_Installer_x64_nl_NL 8.0.exe --silent --uninstall, buit because this is an allinone installation, this is not working.

When you use a 'normal' installer you can assign a package in Intune to a group for installation. But when you will unstall the package, you can assign the package to the same group as an uninstall. It's all about assignment with Intune in this case.

Maybe I can make a Intune package with the mentiont EsetUninstaller.exe if this unstall all ESET products, when executed.