Pop-up notifications on desktop in Windows XP/7/8

Hello developers.

I'm 26 years old and I am a young programmer. I use ESET Smart Security (in the past Antivirus) for a long time. It's a wonderful and one othe best product (or may be - best))).

I have a question about realization pop-up notifications on desktop in Windows XP/7/8 (right now interesting in Windows XP and 7).

How notifications are created? In what language? Where i can read example.

hxxp://s020.radikal.ru/i713/1406/7c/9ce6caa4395f.jpg

Thank's for your answers.

Hello,

Very good question. I would be interested in hearing this answer as well, however that could be construed as proprietary information and may not be revealed.

I can only speculate that it is most lilely a completely separate form with variables that are filled in accordingly. ESET uses C and C++, and extensive assembly language knowledge is almost a requirement.

Nice to meet you Anatoly. :)

Hello,

Very good question. I would be interested in hearing this answer as well, however that could be construed as proprietary information and may not be revealed.

I can only speculate that it is most lilely a completely separate form with variables that are filled in accordingly. ESET uses C and C++, and extensive assembly language knowledge is almost a requirement.

Nice to meet you Anatoly. :)

Hi) Nice to meet you too.

I'm still waiting answers from ESET software engineers..

Hello developers.

.....question about realization pop-up notifications on desktop

......How notifications are created? In what language? Where i can read example.

I'm a little confused.

What aspect of ESET use are you having trouble with for which it is appropriate ESET developers get directly involved in answering your questions? It must be having a significant negative impact on many ESET customers.

Perhaps if you identified the relavance to ESET they may respond sooner.

Currently I can see why

a) A programer doing a similar task would be interested how ESET has implemented their solution.

b) Malware authours may also be interested in details of ESET user interface implementation to block or simulate it.

Please enlighten me as I assume you have a better reason than I have been able to think of.

Edited by Patch

Hello.

I'm a little embarrassed and blushed. I did not have in mind any way compromise the program ESET. I was wondering how to implement only the interface, as I am a beginner developer and would like to create my application interface.

I apologize if somehow hurt.

Edited by Anatoly

As i stated....

You can create that with a basic single gui form

Remove borders... remove buttons.... use your own background, use your own graphical made buttons and text etc.

Are you more impressed with the fading in and out ? That can easily be achieved with the following code:

Private Sub FadingForm()
        Dim iCount As Integer
        For iCount = 90 To 10 Step -10
            Me.Opacity = iCount / 100
            Me.Refresh()
            Threading.Thread.Sleep(50)
        Next
        Me.Close()    
End Sub

Form_Load event:
        Me.Opacity = 0.99

This is again a form of .NET

If you need a different language just yell. :)

Edited by Arakasi