Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: No such file or directory

Ever since updating my 4 machines to ESET Cyber Security Pro (for Mac) version 6.0.9.1 I've been seeing an error message, "Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: No such file or directory".  After the error message appears, it seems to temporarily kill wireless network connectivity.  It also kills Time Machine backups (until the machine is rebooted). The error message will continue to pop-up, if cleared (by clicking 'OK'.  The only way to actually clear the error message is to reboot the machine.

Four different device types are affected, a late-2010 MacBook Air, a mid-2012 MacBook Air, a mid-2011 iMac and a late-2009 Mac Mini.  Reverting to version 5.0.115.0 resolve the issue.  I've performed a clean uninstall and reinstall on all machines.  Any advice or insight anyone is able to provide is appreciated.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

it is probably permissions issue. 

How often do you see this error?

In case you would like to test new build (users reporting this same issue told us that the issue does not reoccur with 6.0.13), send me a private message.

@Peter Randziak

"In case you would like to test new build (users reporting this same issue told us that the issue does not reoccur with 6.0.13),"

Looking at the ESET site, i see the current build is 6.0.9.1, does this mean this is issue should have been fixed in 6.0.1.3?? The build number you entered doesnt make sense.

Build isn't released.

Peter said:

In case you would like to test new build, send me a private message.

Edited by Arakasi

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members

I also seem to be having this error with the latest version, but instead of "no such file or directory" I have "connection refused".

esets_mac[1583]: error[062f0000]: Cannot connect to /tmp/esets.sock: Connection refused
Edited by planet

• 1 month later...

same error occurred just now at ESET Cyber Security Pro 6.0.9.1 10534, OSX 10.9.5, MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch Late 2013.

how should I do for fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Still getting this error with 6.0.14.0 on Yosemite.

Edit: Now resolved with recent updates.

Edited by planet