ESET endpoint 7+ blocks access to self-signed sites

carmik

Hello,

he have a number of Proxmox- (PVE-) based hypervisors. For the last weeks even though I was able to connect to the node web admin, I was unable to open a PVE console to any running VMs on the node. Today I saw a reference mentioning ESET and TLS web filtering. Disabling did the trick!

My question is this: is it possible to exclude domains of the form something.lan or something.local entirely from TLS filtering? i want to keep TLS filtering but only for internet sites.

Thanks for any information provided.

Edited by carmik

• carmik changed the title to ESET endpoint 7+ blocks access to self-signed sites
  • Administrators

Self-signed certificates are not a problem as long as they are trusted by the system when ESET is not installed.

I'd recommend opening a support ticket with your local ESET distributor to find out why trust could not be established.

Due to a network topology change, I had to create new certificates for the nodes. ESET was already installed. Does this mean that a different resolution should be followed?

Also, is there any way to exclude this lan traffic from TLS filtering?

Used ip exclusions to do the trick.

As for opening a ticket, I must say I have not received sufficiently good support from ESET local support here in previous cases...

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, carmik said:

As for opening a ticket, I must say I have not received sufficiently good support from ESET local support here in previous cases...

I'm sorry to hear that. Our goal is to provide as good and effective support as possible through our partners whenever you encounter an issue or have a question to ask. Therefore I would welcome if you could provide me with ticket IDs of cases when you did not receive satisfactory support from your local ESET distributor. We will check if the communication was appropriate, to the point and based on our findings we'll take measures to improve it so that you receive quality support from our partner in the future. Even if the partner is unable to help, he can always contact ESET HQ directly for assistance.

I'll consider that, thanks. I do know that ESET HQ was implicated in our support incidents.

What I'm missing as a long time Kaspersky endpoint administrator, is the ability to open incidents directly with the HQ, via a ticketing mechanism. Hope you will implement something like that.

• Administrators

ESET HQ provides premium support for enterprise customers. Please drop me a personal message with:
- your license key or public license ID
- ticket IDs of cases that were not dealt with to your satisfaction by your local ESET partner.