False positive report Whatsapp / Threat TrojanDropper.Agent.HNK

Hi,

I've got toaday a threat alert on my mobile. Whatsapp is infected by TrojanDropper.Agent.HNK. I deleted the APP and reinstalled the App from Google Play Store. I got the threat alert  again. Can someone explain to me if this is a false postive alert?

Thanks

• Administrators

Could you re-scan it with the latest modules? Most likely it was a false positive and the app should not be detected any more.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Giovana said:

I've been installed the whatsapp several times, clean, and the message appear again. How can I clean effectly this trojan?

You can tap "..." in the list of unresolved threats and select Ignore.

Hi, I also have this problem. A trojan.dropper.agent.HNK was detected by Eset. After deleted Whatsapp, I did a scan and nothing suspiscious. However, a lot of apps get to not work anymore (my mails app can't be opened, the same for other apps). Still no detection by Eset :-/
I have turned off the internet connection right now on my mobile. What can I do?

• Administrators

The above detection doesn't have any effect on other applications. Even when Whatsapp was detected, you had to choose the option to uninstall it yourself. On Android applications run separately in sandbox so one application cannot affect the others and vice-versa.

Thanks for your answer. It's the first time this happens to me. I have uninstalled Whatsapp (sorry, my English is poor) and even after that, the other apps couldn't work. This appeared at the same time, just one after another. I have uninstalled all the apps which have a problem to be opened, reinstalled them all and still the same problem. Do you have any idea what to do?

• Administrators

It shouldn't be related. 1, ESET doesn't clean detected applications automatically. Upon detection you are advised to uninstall the app. 2, As already wrote, applications on Android run sandboxed so they cannot affect each other.