Acer Aspire D255E can't install NOD32 av

Pentode

I have a Acer Aspire D255E notepad with Win 7. Starter Edition. It did have Nod32 on that worked inspite of EOL warning. I tried updating from the window that popped up and it loaded to my surprise Nod32 Security no problem..... I uninstalled it and now I'm 'zapped' - no AV.

It would be nice to be able to get Nod32 AV working again inspite the machine's slowness.

I had a similar problem with my Win 7 pro desktop when Nod32 reached EOL, thanks to this forum that was resolved by loading two KB files.... so I tried doing the same.

I could only load KB976902 and not the KB4474419, I tried all ways, KB447419 just would not load. I tried installing  MS updates but kept getting Error 80072EFE.

This is just a 'odd job machine', since I pay for two licenses it would be nice to get Nod32 running again if at all possible... I reckon the dustbin would give grief if I clodded it in, not what I would call 'Speedy'.

I've run out of idea's here without trying to revert to factory default image. Would anyone have any clues whats going on?

Thanks, Dave

• Administrators

Could you try to download the appropriate Windows updates on another machine with Internet connection, transfer them to this machine and install them? The error means "The connection with the server was terminated abnormally."

I've downloaded the two KB stack files  from MS catalogue as I did with my desktop but only one would go in..... the other one I got 'Not campatible with this machine' - I tried putting it in first and then last

I haven't tried downloading the entire updates.... is there a 'trusted' link. I don't know why I bother with it to be honest, it does have Win. Defender which I never used.

This machine as I said is not all that important, the reason for posting was hoping of a 'quick fix'.... I take it the two KB files that are needed would also be needed for Win 7 Starter pack.

Ah well, thanks for trying Marcos.... should I find a fix I'll update here.

Dave

2 hours ago, Pentode said:

I take it the two KB files that are needed would also be needed for Win 7 Starter pack.

I assume this would imply SP1 was never installed on that device? Also SP1 is required to install both the Win Update KB's needed to use the latest Eset versions on Win 7.

If Win 7 SP1 is not installed, the latest Eset version that can used is ver. 12.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, itman said:

If Win 7 SP1 is not installed, the latest Eset version that can used is ver. 12.

Just to make it clear, using a product version that has already reached EOL is not a solution. These products will stop receiving module updates in a few months.