Unfortunately, your PayPal payment could not be processed. Please try again or choose a different payment method. (10606)

I am having trouble making payments to online merchants using PayPal and my debit card as my payment method.  I had trouble using PayPal Express on a particular website and kept getting an error message.  I then tried a few days later on another website to make a payment at checkout and my card was declined.  It was not declined by PayPal, my bank (card issuer) or the merchant.  So, I deduced that ESET was remembering the previous transaction that my card was not processing on the website I was on previously.  I had to change my payment method to my bank account, so I can still use PayPal, but ESET won't let me use my debit card.  I always used my debit card before and had no problems.  The reason the first website would not process my card is because PayPal express and store credit are not compatible, so customer service had to process my order using only store credit.  I had tried over an over again to use my debit card with PayPal express and it would not go through.  Now, I am having the same issue with other websites for no reason.  I can't use normal Google Chrome browser to use PayPal because it will only work when ESET Browser is opened.

How do I get ESET to stop blocking my debit card, so I can go back the way I had it before and use PayPal express with my debit card?

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, mlou said:

I am having trouble making payments to online merchants using PayPal and my debit card as my payment method.  I had trouble using PayPal Express on a particular website and kept getting an error message.  I then tried a few days later on another website to make a payment at checkout and my card was declined.  It was not declined by PayPal, my bank (card issuer) or the merchant.  So, I deduced that ESET was remembering the previous transaction that my card was not processing on the website I was on previously.  I had to change my payment method to my bank account, so I can still use PayPal, but ESET won't let me use my debit card.  I always used my debit card before and had no problems.  The reason the first website would not process my card is because PayPal express and store credit are not compatible, so customer service had to process my order using only store credit.  I had tried over an over again to use my debit card with PayPal express and it would not go through.  Now, I am having the same issue with other websites for no reason.  I can't use normal Google Chrome browser to use PayPal because it will only work when ESET Browser is opened.

How do I get ESET to stop blocking my debit card, so I can go back the way I had it before and use PayPal express with my debit card?

One thing to try is uninstalling eset, backing up any custom settings, rules etc. before this. Then test to see if the problem still occurs. If it does it would mean eset isn't the cause.

Probably unrelated but maybe worth knowing: Lately I can't pay with PayPal UNLESS I find an "Allow Cookies" popup at page bottom when I Clk "Pay with PayPal" on the vendor site. Page freezes or loading circle spins forever after "Continue" are symptoms. Do you ever see this Allow Cookies  popup?

I muddy the water here by usually being in BPP mode, and I presume you're not. BUT, the Allow Cookies popup could matter sometime in the future.

10 hours ago, mlou said:

So, I deduced that ESET was remembering the previous transaction that my card was not processing on the website I was on previously. 

I don't believe the issue here is Eset but rather Chrome. I assume this is your Windows default browser?

Open Eset Banking and Payment Protection via desktop icon. In Chrome, delete everything related to cookies, browsing history, temporary files, etc.. Close Eset B&PP. Now access a web site and attempt to use your PayPal account. Also as noted above, you might have to allow the web site to use cookies; first party I assume, if it requests them for a PayPal transaction.

You also might to perform the above Chrome cleaning outside of Eset B&PP if you use PayPal in that mode.

Hello Itman:

Do you mean Remove All cookies and site data?   What about clearing cookies only from the two (2) specific sites that I was trying to make a payment using PayPal with my debit card only?

If I Remove All Cookies and Site Data is it going to remove all my saved passwords in Google Chrome?  I just added them back recently because they got deleted.  (It took me a couple of days.)

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.768481571872eba9fe2069a64b50e284.png

59 minutes ago, mlou said:

If I Remove All Cookies and Site Data is it going to remove all my saved passwords in Google Chrome?  I just added them back recently because they got deleted.  (It took me a couple of days.)

Refer to this posting: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/2125707?hl=en .

It appears that when the Clear cache option is selected, you have to specifically tell Chrome to clear passwords:

Diedre, you need to explain the basic steps you've taken so people can see where you're going wrong. Google won't delete your passwords unless you have already done so by selecting Setting > Advanced > Clear browsing data, and then selected Passwords. And then they are gone - permanently!

Note that I don't use Chrome and as such, can't vouch for anything posted in the thread.

Thank you for your input.  By the way, while I got you on the "line".  🙂 

If I want to change my display name on this site, can it easily be done?  Just wondering?

2 hours ago, mlou said:

If I want to change my display name on this site, can it easily be done? 

Per below screen shot, looks like it can't be changed. You would have to ask an Eset forum moderator if they can do it.

Eset_Profile.thumb.png.12c312bc0d602aab8cc898d6277669c1.png

Ok. Thanks.  I sent a message to one of the moderators 7 hours ago.  Waiting on response.  Thanks for all your help.  ☺️

You're the It, Man.