Jump to content

Please test mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.18 and later


tbsky
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi:

   I was using mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.18 with ESMC/Protect at one server over 1 year. I didn't encounter strange things like previous ESMC versions. maybe I am lucky or maybe newer versions of ESMC/Protect fix something.

 could you re-test newer version of mysql-connector-odbc? I think we should not stay at mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.17 forever as document said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
On 3/17/2021 at 8:52 AM, tbsky said:

Hi:

   I was using mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.18 with ESMC/Protect at one server over 1 year. I didn't encounter strange things like previous ESMC versions. maybe I am lucky or maybe newer versions of ESMC/Protect fix something.

 could you re-test newer version of mysql-connector-odbc? I think we should not stay at mysql-connector-odbc 8.0.17 forever as document said.

If I recall correctly, there are some issues with newer connectors on Linux - so it is possible that those version do actually work on Windows platforms.
Problem with linux variants is way how ODBC connectors are built, which conflicts with EP application itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, MartinK said:

If I recall correctly, there are some issues with newer connectors on Linux - so it is possible that those version do actually work on Windows platforms.
Problem with linux variants is way how ODBC connectors are built, which conflicts with EP application itself.

Oh. never thought about windows. I always use linux to host ERA since v6. in fact it is one of the reason I encourage our customers to migrate to ESET endpoint. it is a good thing that ESET can take care about linux environment.

BTW, it is not so good that ESET abandoned desktop gui linux version since V4. many of our customers need it. we need to find a replacement for it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Hello, ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7/8 for Linux do have a local user interface, however it is intended to be "managed", meaning controlled via the console, so interface gives access only to a limited set of information, as listed here: https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/?gui.html. Now, with ESET PROTECT Cloud being available, we do not see a valid reason to provide a full blown UI for the end users.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, MichalJ said:

Hello, ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7/8 for Linux do have a local user interface, however it is intended to be "managed", meaning controlled via the console, so interface gives access only to a limited set of information, as listed here: https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/?gui.html. Now, with ESET PROTECT Cloud being available, we do not see a valid reason to provide a full blown UI for the end users.  

Hi:

it may work  in an ideal environment which all the PCs are management centralized. but sometimes it is not the situation.

some of our customers sell specialized linux pc controllers to manage bigger machines. they have been asked to install anti-virus software before shipping to prove the system is safe. normally the machines work in a closed network. but they still require anti-virus software for the second/third defense although the virus-database may not update frequently.  ESET is our friend for the situation. hope the V4 virus-db can still be maintained after 2021-August.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

I just managed to setup ESET Protect on a CentOS 7 system and had a hiccup with the ODBC version.   I hadn't realized that "yum install mysql-connector-odbc" installed the latest version.   After downgrading to 8.0.17,  it worked. (Was 8.0.23).

Just a minor note for any future references.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...