Two factor authentication for my.eset access

Hello all, 

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to set up two factor authentication for accessing my.eset account for home users?

2. Can I see the log in history in my account?

Thank you very much

• Administrators

1, Currently it's not possible but there are plans to add 2FA.

2, No but I think you could request it from ESET HQ via your local ESET distributor if you have a good reason for it.

5 hours ago, itman said:

My suggestion is an e-mail is sent to the Eset user each time the site is logged into.

Hello Itman,

thanks for the suggestion. This is a very good solution but I cannot find this option in my account. Can you please provide the information how to setup it?

Thank you very much in advance 

48 minutes ago, Alexbb said:

Can you please provide the information how to setup it?

You misunderstood me. This was my suggestion on how Eset handle my.eset.com access.

When someone logs onto an account there, Eset sends an e-mail to whomever logged on. Remember the "user id" for logging into a my.eset.com account is an e-mail address. This is much easier to implement versus a two-factor scenario where a "code" is e-mailed and that code is subsequently entered to complete the logon process.

Edited by itman

• Marcos unlocked this topic
  • Administrators

As of today, we've strengthened security of your ESET HOME account even more by adding 2FA which you can enable in your account setup:

png.png

png2.png