ESET disappeared from PC

Matto91

Hi,

I'm not sure what happened on my dad's PC, but his ESET has disappeared from his PC, furthermore trying to install it will say he already has a newest version, I tried several things, I downloaded the AV uninstaller from ESET but it says no files exist to uninstall (even in safe mode). While waiting for an answer here I'm going to try to download some anti-malware to see if there is anything. But currently his PC is stuck in a loop (can't remove AV because it doesn't exist → can't install AV because it exists)

Thanks in advance

• ESET Staff

Which version was installed?

Was MalwareBytes installed alongside ESET or afterwards?

According to Windows event logs MSI found multiple installations. These events from around same time.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Product Version: 4.0.68.0. Product Language: 1051. Manufacturer: ESET, spol s r. o.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: ESET Security. Product Version: 11.2.49.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ESET, spol. s r.o.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

2 hours ago, JozefG said:

According to Windows event logs MSI found multiple installations.

These appear to be old Eset versions that never successfully installed. As such, would they recognized by Eset's off-line dedicated uninstaller tool?

2 hours ago, JozefG said:

Which version was installed?

Was MalwareBytes installed alongside ESET or afterwards?

According to Windows event logs MSI found multiple installations. These events from around same time.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Product Version: 4.0.68.0. Product Language: 1051. Manufacturer: ESET, spol s r. o.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: ESET Security. Product Version: 11.2.49.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ESET, spol. s r.o.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1603.

Hi JozefG,

Internet Security only, though I managed to make it work via customer support. There was a different remover that you run via command prompt in safe mode with networking and that found some residuals, after removal I could install ESET once again, which means this topic may be closed

Thank you all

• ESET Staff
16 hours ago, itman said:

As such, would they recognized by Eset's off-line dedicated uninstaller tool?

They were some things that it should recognize, but due to some other things missing it failed to detect them.

16 hours ago, Matto91 said:

after removal I could install ESET once again, which means this topic may be closed

Glad to hear that :) either way your logs helped us identify some places to improve in Uninstaller.