Problems with 202H Windows Updates... Wrong NOD version?

scottls59901

I've been having problems with Win 10 Pro auto-installing Optional Previews every Sunday (not checked!)?

During recently installing NOD32 AV, I clicked Update (made me a Beta-Tester/NOT!?)-

Now it shows I have version 14.0.22.0?- Is that the current regular user version?

If not, how do I uninstall/reinstall current version?

• Most Valued Members

14.0.22 is currently the stable version.

what do you mean with

8 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

auto-installing Optional Previews every Sunday (not checked!)

you talk about windows updates or ESET NOD32 updates?

• ESET Insiders

Microsoft seems to auto install the monthly .NET optional preview for all my installations and also for many other people (judging by the complaints on https://answers.microsoft.com/).

If you're observing similar, then this has nothing to do with ESET.

12 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

I've been having problems with Win 10 Pro auto-installing Optional Previews every Sunday (not checked!)?

Are you referring to Win 10 Insider Preview Builds?

On 3/12/2021 at 4:47 AM, shocked said:

14.0.22 is currently the stable version.

what do you mean with

you talk about windows updates or ESET NOD32 updates?

Sorry!- I'm talking about Windows Updates.- I've had many problems in the past doing Any systems maintenance on a Sunday (during auto-Time update (hundreds of temp files...)).

Today when I rebooted (Normal time/DST update), 1hr+ after cold startup- Windows reverted to Pre-DST time!? HUH?

I did a manual time sync & rebooted again- On startup, Win has a Notification that Windows has an Account  Problem, and Passwords have to be repaired... (happens every so often?), Repaired & Rebooted again.

OK now- Hmmm?

10 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

Today when I rebooted (Normal time/DST update), 1hr+ after cold startup- Windows reverted to Pre-DST time!? HUH?

There might be an issue with your Win 10 installation reaching Microsoft's time sync server. You can try to use an alternate per the below screen shot. Also, make sure Win OS Region settings; e.g Eastern Standard Time, are correct:

Win_Time.thumb.png.0ab373a2cb48a5e588089416686e773d.png

Note that this forum's purpose is to resolve Eset related issues; not Win OS issues.

26 minutes ago, itman said:

There might be an issue with your Win 10 installation reaching Microsoft's time sync server. You can try to use an alternate per the below screen shot. Also, make sure Win OS Region settings; e.g Eastern Standard Time, are correct:

Win_Time.thumb.png.0ab373a2cb48a5e588089416686e773d.png

Note that this forum's purpose is to resolve Eset related issues; not Win OS issues.

While I agree this is not an ESET issue ... the same thing happened to me and I cannot find anything regarding this elsewhere. So I will only add ... when I booted up on Sunday morning, the clock auto adjusted. This morning (Monday), the clock reverted to EST. I went into Control Panel and performed a sync with internet time, and that fixed it (this also happened to me in the Fall going from EST to EDT). I sync with time.nist.gov.

3 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

This morning (Monday), the clock reverted to EST. I went into Control Panel and performed a sync with internet time, and that fixed it (this also happened to me in the Fall going from EST to EDT). I sync with time.nist.gov.

Check your Win 10 Tiime & Date settings per below screen shot:

Eset_Time.thumb.png.18bc73fb2f8e29a7cdf7fca56f546bae.png

2 hours ago, itman said:

Check your Win 10 Tiime & Date settings per below screen shot:

Eset_Time.thumb.png.18bc73fb2f8e29a7cdf7fca56f546bae.png

All my settings are correct. There is some type of bug. As I stated ... when I booted up on SUNDAY, the clock auto-adjusted. This morning (MONDAY), Win10 *reverted* to EST. Def a bug. Another system on my network with similar config had no issues. This is not user error ... it's a Windows thing. (My router also has the correct time ... it's just this one Win installation that had the issue today and in November). Manual one-time sync with time server solved the issue.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:15 AM, itman said:

Note that this forum's purpose is to resolve Eset related issues; not Win OS issues

I didn't have Any of these Win 10 issues until after I installed the "supposedly" stable v 14.0.22?!- I suspect others will have issues?

NOD32 AV is Very Fast, and I'll wait for a fix...

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, scottls59901 said:

I didn't have Any of these Win 10 issues until after I installed the "supposedly" stable v 14.0.22?!- I suspect others will have issues?

NOD32 AV is Very Fast, and I'll wait for a fix...

Sadly no one else has reported this at least forum wise. Only thing I can recommend is backing up your settings and temporarily uniantalling eset. If the problem still exists eset isn't the culprit