Different Computers at home, but never used simultaneously (rotating), how many licenses do I need?

Guest Aiguilles

Hello

I have a few older computers at home, Windows 10 machines, which I use to 'rotate' when using. Which means: They never run simultaneously, one day I use Computer 1, switch it off in the evening, next day Computer 2, and so on. I am the only user of these machines. It's more a less a hobby from me.
Do I anyway have to buy a license for each computer?  

• Administrators

I would recommend contacting your local ESET distributor regarding licensing. My understanding is that a license for one machine suffices if you have a single multi-boot system but you'd better check it with the distributor.

As I see it, each PC would require a separate license or a multi-seat (device) license.

If a single-seat Eset license installed on one device was then installed on another device, it won't activate since the license is for only one device. Eset would have to be uninstalled on the existing device before it can be installed on another device. It also might be possible to perform the above via my.eset.com by un-registering the existing device where it is installed.

Guest Aiguilles

Thank you both, I will then contact the ESET distributor. Uninstalling wouldn't be an option, and un-registering via my.eset.com would also be quite an effort every time after starting up one of th computers.