email hyperlinks won't open since last ESET update

Can ANYONE please help me?

I use Microsoft Outlook for my email and Chrome as my default browser - since the last ESET update I can no longer open hyperlinks from any email - I don't get any kind of error message simply nothing happens - the only way I can open them is to copy the hyperlink and paste it the address bar in Chrome.

Oh I am on Windows10

can anyone tell me what to do to fix this - I am a technical idiot and have absolutely NO idea how to get them working again 

many thanks

• Administrators

ESET doesn't modify links in the email body. I would assume that the problem would persist after temporarily uninstalling ESET. Would you do it for a test and to rule out that ESET is the culprit?

• Marcos changed the title to email hyperlinks won't open since last ESET update

This issue has happened before and is not Eset related: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/16859237?hl=en

Try this:

Pete Franetovich's solution worked for me, as well. Step 2 was the key -- I tried step 1 multiple times but it didn't work on its own.
I did two things and it worked.

1) I changed my default browser from chrome to another browser, then back to chrome.
2) I closed all chrome windows. Then opened chrome up again.

Edited by itman