My solution to JS/Mindspark.G notifications

I had a PC that was constantly sending out notifications that JS/Mindspark.G had been found and connection terminated so I followed the instructions below but that did not resolve my issue completely. Every time I opened Chrome the notification would pop up on the desktop and via the SMC.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb6551

I also had to completely uninstall Google Chrome following the instructions below:

1. Go to your software list, and uninstall Google Chrome from the list
2. Go to this location and delete: C:\Users\YOUNAME\AppData\Local\Google\
3. Go to this location and delete: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\

This finally resolved the issue completely. I wanted to share just in case others were fighting this.

8bit
Edited by 8bit
grammar

• Most Valued Members

Incase the detection is coming due to a reason that the browser is hijacked , removing it completely and re-installing will probably fix it

But if this detection was coming from visiting specific website , then it will come back again as soon as you visit that website.

17 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Incase the detection is coming due to a reason that the browser is hijacked , removing it completely and re-installing will probably fix it

But if this detection was coming from visiting specific website , then it will come back again as soon as you visit that website.

The ESET notification would pop up every time Google Chrome was opened. Google.com is the startup page and no websites needed to be visited in order to generate the notification. A CRX file was trying to connect to a domain called googleusercontent.com It wasn't due to a specific website being visited. If the Chrome browser was closed, no detections were logged. Deleted those folders did the trick.

Thanks for sharing.