ESET File Security Showing "Product Outdated" - 7.0 and 7.1

Hi,

We've around 100 servers using versions 7.0 and 7.1, these are all now displaying the below warning:

image.png.d59b51f4d6ceed92a90c2c85ce4f1bd9.png

According to the End of Life page, there's nothing to suggest 7.0 or 7.1 on Server 2012+ will no longer function after 15th April? https://support.eset.com/en/kb3592-is-my-eset-product-supported-eset-end-of-life-policy-business-products

7.0 + 7.1 in limited support until v8.

Struggling to find real detail for this but is this due to cross-certificate expiration? Closest thing I can fine is this page which says mitigated?

https://support-eol.eset.com/en/trending_cross_certificate.html

100 server upgrades in 5-6 weeks is going to be a real struggle.

We went through the same thing in our org, we even have a win7 vm and it needs to be patched more because it has the SP1 installed already but its missing some software still, the same message appeared for us and you need patch up the servers to get them up to the standard. But it has to be that way cause the security software cant protect the computer correctly because there would be too many security gaps in the server OS. Ours is not fun either, cause the VM is used for the accounting department and we need to take ours offline while we patch it and get it up to the standard for eset and the accounting department is going to be bugging us during the whole time asking us if its done yet or how long its going to take even though we are giving them two weeks notice ahead of time.

• Administrators

You can ignore it for now since we have managed to find a temporary solution for affected products and systems. Yet we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version as soon as possible since we won't be able to guarantee that Microsoft will trust the certificate for long enough. The notifications are going to be updated accordingly soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:34 AM, Marcos said:

You can ignore it for now since we have managed to find a temporary solution for affected products and systems. Yet we strongly recommend upgrading to the latest version as soon as possible since we won't be able to guarantee that Microsoft will trust the certificate for long enough. The notifications are going to be updated accordingly soon.

That would explain why I see changes this morning in the console. I had about 25 machines left to upgrade to get rid of this message and this morning, on most of them, the alert is gone.