Distributors contacting clients

Hello,

Not sure if this is a right place. I would like to find out why ESET distributors are contacting our clients and sending them notifications about EOL products and offering discounts? Is this a regular practice at ESET? A new policy or whats going on? I have never previously saw a distributor contacting clients directly.

We know what versions have to be updated and we update them but there are reasons why some computers can't be updated. I hope everybody understand that it is impossible to update all computers. Their emails show clients in a way that we have not done something and need to explain clients whats going on. IMO this should not be happening. ESET on the official site have a bulletin that ESET does not interfere with partners. So ESET does not but distributors can? Please explain.

Edited by gointern

• Administrators

I have asked the responsible team for an official statement. Allegedly an email was sent by ESET HQ to ELA users with legacy products.  Please note that upgrade of EOL products will be necessary since module updates for these products will be stopped in a few months. If upgrade won't be possible, it will be necessary to uninstall the EOLed product.

• ESET Staff

@gointern in order to be able to properly identify the problem, it will be essential to see the actual e-mail you are referring to. Can you please share with us the particular e-mail message? 

• Administrators

You can paste it here. Or you can post it as an attachment which will be available only to ESET staff.