Is update for eset finished in window 7 ?

Is update for eset finished in window 7 ?

I see the program cannot be updated

I dislike to change for window 10

I once tried and noticed it doesn't support me.

anyway, window 7 is faster!

I know. Perfectly I know

The program alarmed me telling it will no longer keep on and advised to change for windows 10.

I hate windows 10 and I never install in my pc

It is a very bad news to hear that the service of ESET is ended for window 7 

I finally uninstalled ESET from my pc using the safe mood with the help of the tool.

I feel very sorrow to lose the ESET. I love it too much.

After uninstalling ESET, I installed McAfee compulsorily

• Administrators

You didn't understand. ESET will continue to run on Windows 7 SP1 provided updates adding SHA-2 code signing support are installed.

Regardless of this, any OS for which its maker doesn't provide security updates becomes more and more vulnerable over time regardless of what AV you have installed 

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

I know. Perfectly I know

The program alarmed me telling it will no longer keep on and advised to change for windows 10.

I hate windows 10 and I never install in my pc

It is a very bad news to hear that the service of ESET is ended for window 7 

I finally uninstalled ESET from my pc using the safe mood with the help of the tool.

I feel very sorrow to lose the ESET. I love it too much.

After uninstalling ESET, I installed McAfee compulsorily

As mentioned on quite a few other posts - Eset will support Windows 7 but it needs some specific updates installed first. Apparently these updates, the ones mentioned above by Marcos, have to be downloaded from the windows update catalogue as I presume Microsoft no longer runs updates on Windows 7 as its support is now discontinued. I've seen something for McAfee's business software that states files are dual signed using both SHA-1 and SHA-2 - not sure if there is a risk with this or if Eset does this @Marcos might be able to confirm. It does say that older systems using SHA-1 may run into issues though.

I've also mentioned a lot on here that I get people's issues with Windows 10 - A lot for example are worried about the telemetry stuff, privacy etc. However using an unsupported AV is risky because there's a high chance the OS will be full of vulnerabilities - problem is new ones are found all the time, and it would cost too much to fix those on OS's no longer supported. Microsoft has done this at least once when something was severe and affecting multiple OS's but it's a rarity. I've always found using an old OS alongside an AV like having a prison with high tech security and a hole in the fence - you've got protection, but there's a massive issue. Also as the years go on less people with develop for unsupported OS's.

21 minutes ago, peteyt said:

As mentioned on quite a few other posts - Eset will support Windows 7 but it needs some specific updates installed first. Apparently these updates, the ones mentioned above by Marcos, have to be downloaded from the windows update catalogue as I presume Microsoft no longer runs updates on Windows 7 as its support is now discontinued. I've seen something for McAfee's business software that states files are dual signed using both SHA-1 and SHA-2 - not sure if there is a risk with this or if Eset does this @Marcos might be able to confirm. It does say that older systems using SHA-1 may run into issues though.

I've also mentioned a lot on here that I get people's issues with Windows 10 - A lot for example are worried about the telemetry stuff, privacy etc. However using an unsupported AV is risky because there's a high chance the OS will be full of vulnerabilities - problem is new ones are found all the time, and it would cost too much to fix those on OS's no longer supported. Microsoft has done this at least once when something was severe and affecting multiple OS's but it's a rarity. I've always found using an old OS alongside an AV like having a prison with high tech security and a hole in the fence - you've got protection, but there's a massive issue. Also as the years go on less people with develop for unsupported OS's.

So , what are the requirements, are not those  ?  Here are I installed all previously in my PC.  ESET is never installed in window 7 without these the following :  My system is 7 ultimate 32 bit = 86   not 64 

windows6.1-kb4490628-x86_3cdb3df55b9cd7ef7fcb24fc4e237ea287ad0992  

Windows6.1-KB4019990-x86

Windows6.1-KB3102810-x86   

windows6.1-kb2729094-v2-x86   

I also visited Microsoft and nothing is supporting 

You answer without a bit of knowledge

update.PNG

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

You didn't understand. ESET will continue to run on Windows 7 SP1 provided updates adding SHA-2 code signing support are installed.

Regardless of this, any OS for which its maker doesn't provide security updates becomes more and more vulnerable over time regardless of what AV you have installed 

So what are these ? Please mention either by name or a link.  As I know I installed all these updates in my pc. I know it does not install without these, but all are installed in my PC and the program suddenly stopped and sent a warning message advised to change for window 10 .  I never satisfy it works again because two days I tried before I finally deleted and no solution unless I tried. Moreover, it is activated and although I clear the update it does not continue to update and still giving yellow sing ( The gird cannot be reached )  !!!

update.PNG

update.PNG

The two Win 7 updates that need to be installed for Eset to continue to function w/o issue are KB4474419 and KB4490628. It appears you have already installed these updates based on your screen shot. As such, nothing more is needed on your part.

Is this the Eset LiveGrid alert you are receiving?

1188955330_Screenshot2021-03-03222948.jpg.edd20ac421087a1e067b299408ea25e5.jpg

If not, post a screen shot of the Eset alert message you are receiving in regards to LiveGrid.

Also post your Eset license Public ID to allow @Marcos to check its status.

Edited by itman

11 hours ago, itman said:

update.PNG

The two Win 7 updates that need to be installed for Eset to continue to function w/o issue are KB4474419 and KB4490628. It appears you have already installed these updates based on your screen shot. As such, nothing more is needed on your part.

Is this the Eset LiveGrid alert you are receiving?

1188955330_Screenshot2021-03-03222948.jpg.edd20ac421087a1e067b299408ea25e5.jpg

If not, post a screen shot of the Eset alert message you are receiving in regards to LiveGrid.

Also post your Eset license Public ID to allow @Marcos to check its status.

Yes this is

You need to post what your Eset Public license ID as I previously requested. It is formatted as XXX-XXX-XXX . Refer to the below screen shot on where to obtain the public license id:

Eset_License.thumb.png.23868a2575c4492f089b15427b68dc7b.png

Edited by itman

On 3/5/2021 at 6:08 PM, itman said:

You need to post what your Eset Public license ID as I previously requested. It is formatted as XXX-XXX-XXX . Refer to the below screen shot on where to obtain the public license id:

Eset_License.thumb.png.23868a2575c4492f089b15427b68dc7b.png

So  are these  ?   I  heard you  saying it works in window 7  ?  I yesterday installed   a new  trail version  giving me one month, and it got updated and licensed , but today everything went wrong   Please see the photo below  (  Not  works )

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

It  does not  work in window 7

Microsoft has stopped supporting Windows 7 , so other software will start doing so by the time

It's better to move to Windows 10(even though if you don't like it) or switch to Linux

As working with an operating system that doesn't get updated is risky even if you have an Antivirus.

• Most Valued Members
5 minutes ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

The photo  tells  !!!

NOT WORKS.PNG

ESET is telling you what is going to happen soon to your OS, even if ESET was able to support it for more longer time, it's not safe at all to use an OS that isn't supported by it's makers.

3 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

ESET is telling you what is going to happen soon to your OS, even if ESET was able to support it for more longer time, it's not safe at all to use an OS that isn't supported by it's makers.

So  why  did you  all reply  it works in window  7   ?? Why to cheat me and I installed  again!   If not your replies , I never install   why to lie  ?

You all reply without knowledge

Edited by mohammad Ahmad

• Most Valued Members
4 minutes ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

So  why  did you  all reply  it works in window  7   ?? Why to cheat and I installed  again!   If not your replies , I never install   why to lie  ?

You all reply without knowledge

Ignore the message that you see in your GUI , keep using your Windows 7 and ESET it will stay working

Read here for more information about ESET and Windows 7 : https://support.eset.com/en/kb7385-microsoft-windows-7-end-of-support-and-eset-products

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3678-is-my-eset-product-supported-eset-end-of-life-policy-home-products

It's not in ESET's hands to keep the support or not , it's also Microsoft.

Anyway there is no antivirus that can protect you in an out-of-date operating system , which will never get patched for any security holes , you cannot rely on your antivirus definition and AI to detect everything or to stop exploits.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators

Windows 7 SP1 will continue to be supported by ESET in the near future, it's just that it must support SHA-2 code signing as already explained above.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that we can check what Windows updates you have installed.

31 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

Ignore the message that you see in your GUI , keep using your Windows 7 and ESET it will stay working

Read here for more information about ESET and Windows 7 : https://support.eset.com/en/kb7385-microsoft-windows-7-end-of-support-and-eset-products

https://support.eset.com/en/kb3678-is-my-eset-product-supported-eset-end-of-life-policy-home-products

It's not in ESET's hands to keep the support or not , it's also Microsoft.

Anyway there is no antivirus that can protect you in an out-of-date operating system , which will never get patched for any security holes , you cannot rely on your antivirus definition and AI to detect everything or to stop exploits.

But Kaspersky works  I installed and it worked well for all instances , but I uninstalled once  I heard  you here, so I returned to ESET

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

But Kaspersky works  I installed and it worked well for all instances , but I uninstalled once  I heard  you here, so I returned to ESET

Continue with Marcos as he would be able to provide you help that I cannot.

49 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Windows 7 SP1 will continue to be supported by ESET in the near future, it's just that it must support SHA-2 code signing as already explained above.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector so that we can check what Windows updates you have installed.

I did all  what is advised   here  I clicked on the item and it   opened  the following   page I followed the steps one  by   one  as  directed and nothing  well  does happen   https://support.eset.com/en/kb3466-how-do-i-use-eset-log-collector

image.png.4d2578e56c2880a070b44f1803ef4238.png

Edited by mohammad Ahmad

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

Why to prolong  the matter ?

It  does not  work  in window 7 If today  it works, tomorrow it will not work  

It's not eset that prolongs stuff. Every AV Will eventually have to stop supporting Windows 7 and any other non supported AV at some Point e.g. In 10, 20 years time no point in supporting an ancient OS that uses out of date insecure technologies.

However the warning seems to be because eset thinks you don't have the necessary windows updates needed to work to keep using it on windows 7. The logs may show the issue. Does the log collector open?

4 hours ago, mohammad Ahmad said:

The photo  tells  !!! Yesterday I installed and it worked , updated, license. Today, It does not work ,so how you reply it works in window  7   ?

The Eset alert in regards to Win 7 is due to this:

Upgrade to Windows 7 Service Pack 1

When installing ESET products on Windows 7, the error message "Warning! This product is no longer supported on your outdated version of Microsoft Windows" might display. To allow installation of your preferred ESET product, install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 along with updates KB4474419 and KB4490628. For more information, visit our Online Help topic.

https://support.eset.com/en/kb7385-microsoft-windows-7-end-of-support-and-eset-products?ref=esf

However, you previously posted you had these Win 7 updates installed. Again verify in Win Updates section of Win 7 that Win 7 SP1, KB4474419 and KB4490628 are installed. In fact, post a screen shot of this section showing that the updates are installed.

Edited by itman

7 hours ago, peteyt said:

It's not eset that prolongs stuff. Every AV Will eventually have to stop supporting Windows 7 and any other non supported AV at some Point e.g. In 10, 20 years time no point in supporting an ancient OS that uses out of date insecure technologies.

However the warning seems to be because eset thinks you don't have the necessary windows updates needed to work to keep using it on windows 7. The logs may show the issue. Does the log collector open?

It works now after I did the ESET Log collectors it worked again. At the first time I didn't restart the computer and I said the process no advantage created, but after restarting everything changed well.   Thank you to remind me