"Running processes" list is empty

Outcast

I'm running a trial of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 14.0.22.0 on Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2.

When I invoke the Tools > "Running processes" facility, nothing at all appears in the list. Clicking the refresh button doesn't help.

It's supposed to show a list of all running processes, right? The name of the tool implies it does, but the window also says "This window displays a list of selected files with additional information from ESET LiveGrid." What does "selected files" refer to?

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something?

I suspect there is an issue with connecting to Eset's LiveGrid servers. Check your Eset Event log for entries related to LiveGrid status.

Also make sure you have enabled LiveGrid access in NOD32:

Eset_LiveGrid.thumb.png.7513834a034f344f38ec3854d0cfe670.png

I have both of those LiveGrid settings enabled.

I did see one event log entry saying that there was an issue connecting to the LiveGrid servers--there was a yellow message on the main interface at the same time--but that was a couple days ago, when I was having connectivity issues in general. Currently there is no such indication in the UI or in the event log.

Just now, Outcast said:

I feel very safe assuming someone fixed something on the down-low.

When you originally posted, I opened Running Processes and there was no issue on my device.

It might have been a problem with a select group of LiveGrid relay servers or the like.