Running version of ESET Security Management Center

Servus Community,

I'm lost in the jungle of the thousands of different modules which ESET offers. I'm doing some updates of the ESET infrastructure, including the server components and thought that I've running the latest version of ESMC. I took the version from the the help menu in the about section. There is a version 7.2.1278.0 shown. But when I compare this with the website of ESET where the current releases are listet, the current version of ESMC there is 7.2.11.3. I'm confused.

My question is, if I'm lokking on the wrong place to determine the current running version or is the ESET website outdated?

Thanks in advance & Bye Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-01 um 13.07.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-01 um 13.02.22.png

• Administrators

You can upgrade to ESET PROTECT either by sending an ESMC components upgrade task to the server (back up the db and export peer and CA certificates first) or by running the All-in-One installer which will upgrade all components and not only the ESMC server (https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/72/en-US/upgrade_allinone.html).

Servus Marcos,

is ESET PROTECT a regular update for ESMC or is this an upgrade to another product? Possibly subject to a charge?

Thx & Bye Tom

Servus Marcos,

okay, thanks. Is the upgrade process straight forward or is there major work for reconfiguration to expect? Looks the Webgui almost the same or is it like Microsoft and everything is renamed and puzzeld to anywhere...? 😉

Thx & Bye Tom

• Administrators

Basically all you need to do is send an ESMC components upgrade task to the server. Beforehand we recommend to back up the db and export the CA and peer certificates. In order to upgrade all components (Tomcat, Apache http proxy, SQL Express server) run the All-in-One ESET PROTECT installer. Again, backing up the db and exporting cert. is highly recommended.

• ESET Staff

Hello @pronto, ESET PROTECT (8.x) is basically a next iteration of ESET SECURITY MANAGEMENT CENTER (7.x). As you might have noticed, ESET has released a new offering line up, where the word "PROTECT" plays a major part, and as the console is the "centerpiece" it was decided it will be renamed as well. 

But in reality, it is the same, like if the 7.x numbering would continue, so I will easily compare it to 7.3. It´s not a generational shift, rather an evolutionary release. As marcos commented, upgrade is quite easy, just  run a component upgrade task, targeted on the machine where server is running. We also recommend to upgrade the agents afterwards, which is since V8 possible also from the status overview dashboard. 

Hi Guys,

well, the upgrade process was really straight forward. The web console took a little longer, I could still log in to the old one, which generated some error messages, but after a few minutes that was done also.

Upgrading the agents also went through without a problem on about 25 clients in an evaluation group (Windows 10 and Mac OSX). The Anti Virus application on Windows (EEA) was also updated to version 8 without any problems in this group.

That the EEA application on Mac is still on version 6.x is intended?

Summary: As far as I can see, everything seems to work without problems.

Thx & Bye Tom

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, pronto said:

That the EEA application on Mac is still on version 6.x is intended?

Yes, that's the latest version available for download:

image.png