End of life cycle nag notification for windows 7

JayBass

Good day, I am on windows 10 latest version with all updates and I keep getting this popup notification informing me to get all updates for windows 7. Can the software developers not code in an OS check to control this notification? Not trying to be petty, but the continuous notification that does not apply to me starts to get annoying. And or if I can disable it, please let me know how?

Appears this issue has happened before: https://forum.eset.com/topic/22613-whats-with-the-win7-os-out-of-support-nag/?do=findComment&comment=109395 and it was supposedly fixed.

Is the Eset Win 7 alert the same as the shown screen shot in the above linked posting?

Its similar, same message basically, just the popup is now completely blue in color with the latest version of the software. Obviously a GUI update since that thread was posted.

1 hour ago, JayBass said:

Its similar, same message basically, just the popup is now completely blue in color with the latest version of the software. Obviously a GUI update since that thread was posted.

Post a screen shot of the popup. An all blue color one sounds suspicious to me.

Also did you perform a fresh install of Win 10, or was a Win 7 upgrade performed?

Edited by itman

Fresh install using Microsoft ISO downloaded from the website written to DVD and boot installed to a new 2TB SSD raid 0 link. Also has the latest OS upgrade from Windows update.

I will screencap the popup next time I see it.

1614535321020.jpg

Edited by JayBass

Given this was a fresh Win 10 install, I believe the Eset Win 7 alert might be not originating from Eset. This is why we need that screen shot ASAP.