What is the difference between an original ESET license and a pirated ESET license?

terzarima
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

You know there are many pirated licenses for ESET products on the internet. I do not use them for ethical reasons but I see users using pirated licenses and they say, it is working and no problem.

So I wonder what is the difference between an original ESET license and a pirated ESET license. Also how do the pirates get these licenses? And, what does ESET do when it detects a pirated license?

• Most Valued Members
18 hours ago, terzarima said:

Hello,

You know there are many pirated licenses for ESET products on the internet. I do not use them for ethical reasons but I see users using pirated licenses and they say, it is working and no problem.

So I wonder what is the difference between an original ESET license and a pirated ESET license. Also how do the pirates get these licenses? And, what does ESET do when it detects a pirated license?

One thing that happens on this forum is a lot of users post that their license has been flagged. This normally happens when someone or some site sells a license to more people than the license is designed for.

What seems to happen is the seller will buy a license for 1 single user and resell it to multiple users but as the license is for one user eset's systems will automatically detect it is being used on multiple devices and block it. For this reason eset always recommends users buy directly from their website and not other sites Including the likes of Amazon and Ebay who have users selling things.

In general a lot of software can be obtained illegally via cracks but this is very risky as cracks are a popular method for distributing malware. The problem is you don't know what they have added to the program