Jump to content

Parental Control: YouTube video filtering


Recommended Posts

I've been using Eset Parental Control for a while. It's a great solution, but lacks YouTube video filtering / monitoring. It would be a "must have" feature for a parental control app. I used Qustodio earlier and it has this feature and works quite well. Does Eset plan to develop this feature?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Um, SZT is not asking about blocking YouTube altogether, but rather blocking specific, objectionable content. I would like to be able to do this too. Not everything on YouTube is garbage, but there are filthy videos and language in many.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bogey62 said:

Um, SZT is not asking about blocking YouTube altogether, but rather blocking specific, objectionable content. I would like to be able to do this too. Not everything on YouTube is garbage, but there are filthy videos and language in many.

YouTube has a Restricted Mode that controls this. The catch is it is browser specific:

Ref: https://www.guidingtech.com/5303/youtube-safety-block-adult-videos/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, itman said:

YouTube has a Restricted Mode that controls this. The catch is it is browser specific:

Ref: https://www.guidingtech.com/5303/youtube-safety-block-adult-videos/

I'll look into that, thanks!

 

This should be something that ESET can implement device-wide, though.

 

Thank you for the quick response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Bogey62 said:

This should be something that ESET can implement device-wide, though.

I for one don't know about any service providing youtube video categorization. While it's easier to make algorithms to categorize websites with the help of AI and humans, I can't imagine how it could be done with videos that are streamed by youtube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Marcos changed the title to Parental Control: YouTube video filtering
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...