Parental Control: YouTube video filtering

SzT

I've been using Eset Parental Control for a while. It's a great solution, but lacks YouTube video filtering / monitoring. It would be a "must have" feature for a parental control app. I used Qustodio earlier and it has this feature and works quite well. Does Eset plan to develop this feature?

• 3 weeks later...

Um, SZT is not asking about blocking YouTube altogether, but rather blocking specific, objectionable content. I would like to be able to do this too. Not everything on YouTube is garbage, but there are filthy videos and language in many.

29 minutes ago, Bogey62 said:

Um, SZT is not asking about blocking YouTube altogether, but rather blocking specific, objectionable content. I would like to be able to do this too. Not everything on YouTube is garbage, but there are filthy videos and language in many.

YouTube has a Restricted Mode that controls this. The catch is it is browser specific:

Ref: https://www.guidingtech.com/5303/youtube-safety-block-adult-videos/

50 minutes ago, itman said:

YouTube has a Restricted Mode that controls this. The catch is it is browser specific:

Ref: https://www.guidingtech.com/5303/youtube-safety-block-adult-videos/

I'll look into that, thanks!

This should be something that ESET can implement device-wide, though.

Thank you for the quick response.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Bogey62 said:

This should be something that ESET can implement device-wide, though.

I for one don't know about any service providing youtube video categorization. While it's easier to make algorithms to categorize websites with the help of AI and humans, I can't imagine how it could be done with videos that are streamed by youtube.

• Marcos changed the title to Parental Control: YouTube video filtering