Question about detection engine

I went to virus radar and it says there is a new 22863 module.  It is has not come to me yet.  I have restarted my computer and I have clicked on check for updates and nothing.  Is anyone else having an issue. Plus I just want to make sure that I'm safe?

Hello Purpleroses, I have same problem as you have with Eset Internet security and on Eset Mobile security. I hope we can get some info about that issue soon.

• Most Valued Members
20 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

I just noticed on virus radar that 22871 was released but I'm still sitting at 22870.  Anyone else have this

I presume they will roll updates out early. Eset does recommend people switch to pre-release updates as it allows people to try things before others in case any issues. You can do this by opening Eset and hitting F5 to go into the advanced setup window. Go to the update part on the left and press the + on profiles then the + on updates - then change the type from regular to pre-release and make sure you press okay to save the change.

20 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

I just noticed on virus radar that 22871 was released but I'm still sitting at 22870.  Anyone else have this

My device was updated to ver. 22871 this morning at boot time.

Note this:

22871 Feb-25-2021, 13:48 CET (UTC/GMT +01:00)

This is the time the signature database was updated at Eset. It takes time to roll this update out to all the relay servers Eset uses throughout the world. Also there might be a temporary outage at the relay server servicing you.

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

You don't need to check engine updates every while, the product would notify you about an issue if update was failing continually. A recent engine update has been quite big due to internal changes so it will take some time until all users update.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

No problems here:

Time;Component;Event;User
30. 3. 2021 10:53:53;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23048P (20210330).;SYSTEM
30. 3. 2021 14:53:56;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23049P (20210330).;SYSTEM
30. 3. 2021 17:13:54;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23050P (20210330).;SYSTEM

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

No problems here:

Time;Component;Event;User
30. 3. 2021 10:53:53;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23048P (20210330).;SYSTEM
30. 3. 2021 14:53:56;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23049P (20210330).;SYSTEM
30. 3. 2021 17:13:54;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 23050P (20210330).;SYSTEM

@Marcos ... Two systems (Albany, NY) have not updated since 6:30 a.m. Eastern this morning (7 hours ago). Both systems are on 23048. This is definitely an issue at ESET's end. If I click 'update now' manually, the check completes without errors but does not pull the latest definition update.

Just because it works for you, does not mean there is not a problem. 

Edited by howardagoldberg

@Marcos ... and, just checked ESET Mobile Security on my Pixel 3. Same issue. Current definition file is 14992 (according to Virus Radar), but app shows 14990 and manually checking for an update throws no errors, but no new definition update. There *is* a server issue at ESET's end.

No other internet issues at my end.

P.S. Just checked my son's Windows system, same issue. So that's three PCs on Win10 and one Android 11 device all showing the exact same issue.

2 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

My brother just turned on his computer and it is sitting at 23048.  So we are both from Canada

@Marcos ^^^ This is pretty strong anecdotal evidence that there is an issue at ESET's end. We now have at least 5 computers and 1 Android device in North America that have not received definition updates in at least 7 hours.

• Administrators

There have been no reports about update issues from partners around the world, just these two in this topic so far.

Please carry on as follows:
- under Help and support -> Details for technical support enable advanced logging
- run update
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

There have been no reports about update issues from partners around the world, just these two in this topic so far.

Please carry on as follows:
- under Help and support -> Details for technical support enable advanced logging
- run update
- stop logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

@Marcos I don't have time to deal with this now. Most people are not monitoring this on an hour by hour basis, so I'm not surprised you do not have a torrent of complaints.

You have enough evidence to escalate this. In the U.S. > three systems on Win10 Running ESET AV 14.0.22 AND an Android device, plus two confirmed systems in Canada - not receiving updates since 6:45 a.m. or so this morning (nearly 8 hours ago).

The issue is at ESET's end.