Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 error

Guest Wayne

Guest Wayne

I no longer have ESET installed but i keep getting an error when opening Outlook.

The Add-in "ESET Outlook Plugin"

C:\Progra~1\ESET\ESETSM~1\x86\EPLGOU~3.dll

cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update.

This is mostly just a pain to see every time i start Outlook. It does not seem to affect outlook at all.

I have looked through the knowledge base and tried looking for the (extend.dat) file but i could not find it.

• 1 month later...

i have a major crisis, would appreciate any help i can get...

i removed my ESET nod 32 antivirus, it gave the following error:

The Add-in 'ESET Outlook Plugin' (C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\EPLGOU~1.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

i tried everything, removing the add-in, deleting the extend.dat file, running ESET unistaller, and even more tips, but nothing worked, and i kept getting this error.

finally i reinstalled ESET anti virus.

this removed the plug-in error, HOWEVER i still can not send mail from my outlook 2007 account.

I have tried everything again, but no use, i even tried unistalling, and then reinstalling Microsoft Outlook, but no effect.

I have also tried every remedy for 503 valid command must precede data, changed port from 25 to 26 but to nothing worked.

ANYONE, please help !

will uninstalling outlook 2007 and reinstalling outlook 2003 do me any good?

A manual remove of everything eset should clear it. Show hidden folders and visit, c:\programdata , program files, % userprofile%\appdata\ local and roaming . Also public or all users.

Then visit the registry and Find all keys related to eset and remove.

Then uninstall office again & do the same thing for office only in the files and folders not registry unless you think you can tackle that. Then reinstall office.

First thing that comes to mind is eset might have the plugin buried in outlook directories.

These tips may or may not help, but that would be my route to take if I had your issue.

Good luck!!!

• Administrators

Once the ESET plug-in is not registered in extend.dat, the plug-in won't load and thus cannot affect Outlook whatsoever.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dimitar Nikolov

I searched the registry for the location that the message says for example "C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\x86\EPLGOU~1.dll". The search found one entry which i deleted. After that I deleted extend.dat and now my outlook starts without error.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bayotech, Inc.

You have to close Outlook, delete the reg entry, then delete the extend.dat......AND THEN it will work.

OOO (Order Of Operations)

-jaybird8000

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, Please try the instructions below:

If you open Outlook and click the Tools menu you should see an option from Trust Center and thenAdd-ins, this should let you remove the ESET plugin and anything else that shouldn't be there. There should be a dropdown box labeled Manage and a button that says Go at the bottom of the add-ins screen. You must select Exchange Client Extensions to find the ESET plugin. Click the Go button and look for the ESET plugin. If you see it, remove/disable it and then restart Outlook.

Give me feedback on this...

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys, Please try the instructions below:

If you open Outlook and click the Tools menu you should see an option from Trust Center and thenAdd-ins, this should let you remove the ESET plugin and anything else that shouldn't be there. There should be a dropdown box labeled Manage and a button that says Go at the bottom of the add-ins screen. You must select Exchange Client Extensions to find the ESET plugin. Click the Go button and look for the ESET plugin. If you see it, remove/disable it and then restart Outlook.

Give me feedback on this...

Hi bravenbraven,

Thank you very much for this post. I have followed your instructions, which were easy and simple to do. I am no longer receiving the error message when I open my Outlook. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

• 1 year later...

I cannot open the default profile in outlook 2007 since service pack 2 was installed on my vista ultimate 64-bit edition machine by windows update.  I receive the error "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Microsoft 70-346 Dumps  Cannot open the Outlook window."  I have created a new profile and it works ok, but would really like to get the settings from the other profile.