Leaked key SOMEHOW

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Apparently my licece key has been leaked i have no idea how but it did. ALSO there is NO OPTION to reset my licence key in my.eset.com as it says in https://help.eset.com/ 

• Administrators
  • Solution

We're going to reset your license key and will send a new one to your reg. email address. Please use it to re-activate ESET on machines.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We're going to reset your license key and will send a new one to your reg. email address. Please use it to re-activate ESET on machines.

Can i ask for information when the leak happend? like when all those othr devices joined it to my key? its kind of important but if you can't tell me ill understand

• Administrators

We don't know.

16 minutes ago, Undecover said:

Can i ask for information when the leak happend? like when all those othr devices joined it to my key? its kind of important but if you can't tell me ill understand

I've found that it was posted to Facebook on Feb 15.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Most likely not, the user has Arabic text on his page.

Ok Next question, how did it happend that same day as i bought next 3 year of "security" the key is in same day get leaked?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Undecover said:

Ok Next question, how did it happend that same day as i bought next 3 year of "security" the key is in same day get leaked?

The license key was generated on April 9, 2020. Maybe the user has access to your emails since it leaked among other data in the following breaches. I'd recommend changing the password to your email account as soon as possible:

image.png

2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The license key was generated on April 9, 2020. Maybe the user has access to your emails since it leaked among other data in the following breaches. I'd recommend changing the password to your email account as soon as possible:

image.png

Thats imposible i have a need of using my phone to access my email. My data was one breached and im extra carefull with everything such as email. no one is getting in without me notice. And i ALWYES have a phone with me.

• Administrators

You were signed up to certain services, including the WoW server with your email address. If you used the same credentials to your email account after the breaches, attackers could log in to your email provider and access your emails.

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You were signed up to certain services, including the WoW server with your email address. If you used the same credentials to your email account after the breaches, attackers could log in to your email provider and access your emails.

Well i didint even knew i had an account there tbh (or i forgot) anyway im on my way to secure everything again. guess ill be using google random password gen. Thank you for your hard work. And have a good day.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Undecover said:

Well i didint even knew i had an account there tbh (or i forgot) anyway im on my way to secure everything again. guess ill be using google random password gen. Thank you for your hard work. And have a good day.

Having the password generated can help but the best practice is to make sure each account uses a different password or at least those that are key accounts are unique. As mentioned the problem with data breaches is people tend to reuse passwords so when one account is breached the hacker then gets access to multiple via the same password. If they get access to your email they can also send password resets to sites that might use a different password.

Also I'd recommend using two step authentication wherever possible

18 hours ago, Undecover said:

Apparently my licece key has been leaked i have no idea how but it did. ALSO there is NO OPTION to reset my licence key in my.eset.com as it says in https://help.eset.com/

As was mine. @Marcos, should I send you the Key that was "leaked" and invalidated/denied?

Edited by bigwrench