Eset Endpoint 8 and Nod32 PC Perfomance in last 2 Days very bad

Zdenko Rendic

Hello

Strange things in the last 2 days.
I have Eset Endpointvirus 8 on my Business HP Laptop on Win10 2004 and ESET Nod32 latest version on Win10 Home on Private Gaming pc.
Latest Win Updates were made on the Windows PC's and in the last 2 Days i could not work with the devices.

On the Business Laptop Browser could not open, they just had a white window, Outlook had 30 sek to open, "run as admin" needs also around 30 sek to ask me for the Password. The device had 3-5% CPU, free RAM and has an SSD. Deactivating HIPS did not help, I had to deactivate ESET for the device to work again normaly. after that, everything was fast again. 

Home Pc allmost the same, Playing Diablo 3 was not possible, eather I could not Log in the Game or the change from one Map lvl to another took around 40-60 seconds. Other games the same, VERY VERY slow, but CPU ist not at 100%. Deactivating ESET resolves the Issue.

Any ideas ?

• Administrators

You wrote that deactivating ESET worked. What do you mean by "deactivating"? What exactly did you do?

We'll need a complete memory dump from time when the issue occurs. However, let me check logs prior to asking for a dump. Please collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

• Administrators

According to the logs you have a backup software installed. Couldn't it be that a backup is running when the issue occurs?

Please enable advanced operating system logging in the adv. setup -> tools -> diagnostics when the issue is manifesting. Disable logging after 30-60s to prevent the log from growing too much. Then compress the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Diagnostics\EsetPerf.etl, upload it to a safe location and drop me a message with a download link.

Backupsoftware ist not running, its just installed.

Veeam Backup & Replication was installed and removed last year and swissbackup24 is only installed from the start, but has no backup job active.

at my Home PC I have no Backup Software installed, with the same Issue.

I will see if it happens again.