Eset Protect VMWare Esxi Virtual Appliance v 8.0.2216.0 Can't see itself.

New Install of Eset Protect v 8.0.2216.0 virtual appliance on ESXi. 

The setup is all working OK with the exception being that the 'Last Connected Time' for the virtual appliance itself is dated when it was first installed and it has not connected since. 

This means that I cannot use the web console to update the ESET Protect server to 8.0.2225.0 (see attached) as the tasks never run.  I could update manually but I would like manage the protect server via the web console.

Cheers

John

last connected.JPG

update.JPG

• ESET Staff

Could you please check state of ESET Management Agent installed on the virtual appliance? Any chance you already tried to reboot whole appliance? Also was there any service interruption or operating system changes performed on a date that management agent connected for the last time? Previously we have seen that operating system updates or even changes of timezone/time o machine could result in this state.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the response.  I did use Webmin to update all the CentOS packages as they were reporting out of date. I just ran a 'Repair ESET Management Agent Connection' on Webmin and it seems to have resolved the issue for now.

Thanks

John

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 8:44 AM, JohnKerr995 said:

Hi Martin

Thanks for the response.  I did use Webmin to update all the CentOS packages as they were reporting out of date. I just ran a 'Repair ESET Management Agent Connection' on Webmin and it seems to have resolved the issue for now.

Thanks

John

If this happens to you again in the future, a re-installation of the Management Agent on your Appliance does the trick pretty reliably:

https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/component_installation_agent_linux.html#:~:text=Installation of the ESET Management,Possible connection formats.