East comparability issue with Chromebook

SuperfishVictim

So I bought a brand new Chromebook and then installed Eset.  Eset then states when I try and activate the anti phishing that I need to download Google chrome from the play store.  So, I clicked on the word in red  "Install" and it takes me to Google chrome in the play store.  So, then Google Chrome appears in the play store and it says in bold red letters, your device is not compatible with this version of Chrome?   I am running Chrome 87 from the start, so what is the deal?  

So either I have the only Chromebook that supposedly can't be hacked and your app is not working or my Chromebook has been hacked and this is proof that I am in fact under hacker attack and being cyber bullied and harassed.   You tell me and if I were to be hacked where should I go?

The police won't lift a finger.

• Most Valued Members
33 minutes ago, SuperfishVictim said:

So either I have the only Chromebook that supposedly can't be hacked and your app is not working or my Chromebook has been hacked and this is proof that I am in fact under hacker attack and being cyber bullied and harassed.   You tell me and if I were to be hacked where should I go?

The police won't lift a finger.

I have tried to help you on your YouTube videos but it has went on deaf ears and you have ignored my comments in the past.

All the evidence points to you not being hacked. You often show system default apps and claim you didn't put them there after a factory reset but they are supposed to be there. You also show logs for things and belive it shows a hack but the logs are normal. You also on a video disable key services for things like cellular network etc. then in another video show you can't receive any calls on that phone and claim it is due to being hacked, ignoring the simple fact you disabled the key settings that would allow calls to go through.

All I can say is you should only look deep into operating systems, logs etc. If you know what you are looking for. If I looked deep into my mobiles and desktops system files I'd find stuff I didn't know where there or know it's purposes and some may sound bad but generally they are important stuff that trying to remove or change could lead to critical issues.

If you want help and advice then I can give it but I do think you need help and that help might not be the kind of help anyone on here is qualified to give

Peteyt, you have only doubted me and questioned me in all of you fixes.  You couldn't explain why stage freight was running and said things look normal.  Stage freight is not on the recover logs of Google pixel 4a phones.  And you said have I ever tried to compare my phone with another pixel 4a.  That was you fix.   

Anyways, can you answer the question that I had today.  Because in your response I didn't read any kind of explanation for the problem which I have identified.

Amd to respond to itman.  I am just downloading the Eset app from the Google play store.

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, SuperfishVictim said:

Peteyt, you have only doubted me and questioned me in all of you fixes.  You couldn't explain why stage freight was running and said things look normal.  Stage freight is not on the recover logs of Google pixel 4a phones.  And you said have I ever tried to compare my phone with another pixel 4a.  That was you fix.   

Anyways, can you answer the question that I had today.  Because in your response I didn't read any kind of explanation for the problem which I have identified.

Amd to respond to itman.  I am just downloading the Eset app from the Google play store.

But as mentioned you ignore the key questions. As I have mentioned many times in one video you disable key cellular stuff and then in another you wonder why that phone won't receive calls. Everything you've posted on your YouTube channel seems to be safe things e.g. default stuff but as you didn't put it there you belive you've been hacked. Yet when anyone mentions this you just post more stuff but never address the question. Again if you disable key settings on anything it will make the app play up.

As the others have mentioned above the fact eset won't install on your chromebook isn't that you've been hacked, eset won't work on a chromebook. Because you can get it on android devices it may show up in the play store but won't install.

Also form your previous post on Stagefright, you found the name in a log but that means nothing and could actually be a patch. Again reading logs for issues without knowing what your doing can be dangerous. For example if you look on Window's event viewer you tend to see lots of errors and while this may seem an issue it is normal. Cyber criminals even use this to their advantage by trying to make victims think this means they are infected and so they end up charging them for services they don't even need

Edited by peteyt

11 hours ago, SuperfishVictim said:

Eset has a partnership relationship with Google that allows for limited components of Eset's protection to be used in Chrome This is called Chrome Cleanup and its very limited in scope as to what it detects and protects:

As applied in Chrome Cleanup, ESET’s technology is used by Google to alert users about unwanted or potentially harmful software attempting to get on users’ devices through stealth—for example, by being bundled into a download of legitimate software or content. Google Chrome, using ESET’s security technology, then provides users with the option to remove the unwanted software. Chrome Cleanup operates in the background, without visibility or interruptions to the user. It deletes the unwanted software and notifies the user once the cleanup has been successfully completed.

https://www.eset.com/us/about/newsroom/press-releases/google-chrome-and-eset-collaborate-in-fight-against-online-threats/

Specifically, this Eset extension is only scanning anything downloaded from Chrome plus browser based malware and other undesirable behavior.

Ref.: https://www.eset.com/int/google-chrome-cleanup/#:~:text=What is Chrome Cleanup%3F,remove the threat for you.

Note: This Eset cleanup feature appears to be an enhancement to the existing cleanup feature built into Chrome: https://forum.eset.com/topic/20677-google-chrome-cleanup/ . I could find no separate Eset Cleanup extension in the Chrome store. Finally, I suspect that the Eset Cleanup enhancement only works on Windows based Chrome installations.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members

i watched the majority of your videos and all of them seem to me are meant to either scare or misinform others.

i'm 1000% sure that google employees didn't harass you for over 6 years. you yourself  said in the video that you inspected the webpage and also said "i don't know what all this is"

This article clarifies that Eset Mobile Security & Antivirus version will run on a Chromebook: https://www.lifewire.com/best-antivirus-software-for-chromebooks-4770661 . Is this what was installed?

On the other hand, this Eset article on enabling anti-phishing  feature for Eset Mobile only references Android OS;

Anti-Phishing integrates with the most common web browsers available on Android OS.

I know nothing about Chromebooks but this article states that Android apps do run on Chromebooks: https://www.androidauthority.com/what-is-a-chromebook-873948/ . The question is if Eset Mobile is one of those apps?

I guess not:

Windows RT and Chrome OS support

ESET Windows home products are not compatible with Windows RT (ARM-based PCs) or Chrome OS (Chromebook)

https://support.eset.com/en/kb37-compatible-operating-systems-for-eset-home-products-home-users

I guess there's a lot of misinformation on the web in this regard.

This article demystifies the Android app bit for Chromebook's:

Archon :

Archon Runtime is a Chrome extension which can be used to run an unlimited number of Android applications created with Chrome OS-apk script . Thus it is possible to run Android apps Google Chrome, regardless of platform where they are executed.

http://www.onlinecmag.com/how-to-install-android-apps-on-google-chrome/

Appears that Chrome browser that is actually running the Android apps.

So again the question is if Eset Mobile will work if this extension is installed? My best guess is it doesn't.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, shocked said:

i watched the majority of your videos and all of them seem to me are meant to either scare or misinform others.

i'm 1000% sure that google employees didn't harass you for over 6 years. you yourself  said in the video that you inspected the webpage and also said "i don't know what all this is"

Yeah I've tried to reach out the user before on his YouTube channel as some of the videos are alarming although can't fully make sure if it is serious or not 

Peteyt, I swear on my Grandfather's Grave that I did not misinform anyone nor am I trying to scare anyone.  I am documenting the daily torture that is happening to me.  I did want to apologize if I barked back at you, I did not mean to be rude.   I am just so frustrated and confused as to how and why this is happening to me.  I will apologize about the quality and poor recordings that I have done, my friend Matt told me that the camera was too jumpy and he couldn't follow along.  If you want to hear one of the scariest videos that I captured, watch the link that I attach below.  This is when I dialed 611 on my phone, the MetroPCS employee identified himself with a name and a employee number and then proceeded to tell me that he was going to hack them back for me.  I was so astonished and thought that finally I would be able to prove this to my Father.  The reason why I start a lot of my videos with "Ok, Dad----" is because he had me committed into an insane asylum for 17 days where they forced injections.  I had to file an appeal and finally get in front of a judge, at which time he immediately released me and told them that I was NOT crazy and hacking like I was telling my Father about can actually happen.   I have given up on life because they have destroyed everything, all relationships, they have gotten me fired from my last 5 employers, prevented me from dozens of jobs, destroyed countless devices and the only thing that I want to accomplish before I die is to prove to my Father that I am under hacker attack and I am not crazy.  I just want him to pat me on the back and say, Sorry kid I didn't mean to doubt you and I didn't mean to tell you that the only way to get rid of the hackers would be to drive my car up beeline freeway, find a secluded area, run a hose from the muffler to the interior of the vehicle, roll up the windows and go to sleep.  He said that would be a way I could get rid of the hackers and even when I type this it brings a tear to my eye.

https://youtu.be/djTmGIBVRHU

If you all want to see the impossible, things that people say cannot happen, or that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that a hacker could do.  Go to my Original YouTube page.  Superfish Victim.   This all began on Dec 24,2014 when my Dear Mother gave me a Lenovo Laptop for xmas and I noticed it had Superfish Embedded within it.  I literally found in when I was reading the binary in the registry.  I mean how boring can a guys life get to where I am reading binary in a Windows Laptop's registry.  There you will see 6 long years of the most heinous attrocities anyone could do to another through online harassment.  A couple of the videos are only audio and the reason for that is because if I record if from my phone these hackers somehow eat up all the memory within 20 minutes, even if the phone has 64 GB of memory, they somehow do it.  When I walked into an Apple store and they crashed the entire store, that was a 3 hour event that I edited to 15 minutes.  And to prove that was extremely difficult.  I first got a level 2 Apple advisor on the phone and then we made a 3 way phone call to the Arrowhead Apple store in Peoria Arizona.  I then asked Felix, the manager to pull up the crash logs on any Ipad or Macbook they had on the demo floor.  I then told him that when I walk into his stores, the entire store crashes and all the devices within it.  He, of course, did not believe me, nor would I if anyone told me that kind of event.  I then told him that I would see him in 15 minutes and I was going to drive to the store with the Apple advisor on screen share with me.  

Well, I wanted to capture everyone attention so the first 43 seconds is the Apple Stores managers reaction.  His reaction and statements were, "I am trying to wrap my head around what just happened and he did not even know where to go with that information.  Then the entire Genius bar could not get a log out to apple engineers, until I recommended that someone with a VPN set up on there phone could create a new ticket and then attach the crash logs.  2 weeks went by and Apple contacted me and told me that they could not protect me and they have no idea how it happened.  It was through facial recognition and a brute force attack is exactly how it happened.

https://youtu.be/4P7hUsNkMiM

I posted those for Shocked since he said he enjoyed watching them.  And I know that you didn't enjoy watching them torture me, or hopefully you didn't mean that.  I try to be as light hearted about the whole situation as I can, though I am exhausted.  I am having to move for the 6th time in 3 years because of these people.  They cause such choas wherever I am at and destoy everyone devices, that they just have to kick me out.  And I don't blame them.  The time before that they sent 2 SWAT Teams to my residence.  That was on the news, they evacuted the schools for a square mile, there were like 75 cops, 2 helicopters, they closed the roads at 67th Ave and Peoria.  All because I was selling some rolex watches I bought from China trying to stay alive.    Chad Hamilton Rolex Watches Peoria Arizona google search will get you all the info and a mug shot of mine.  

• Marcos locked this topic