Command Line EMA Status?

I am aware of the diagnostic files that reside in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs but I am curious whether EMA has any command line functionality that dumps status data which is similar to that found in the status.html file of the above directory? My reason for asking is devising an easy way to assess health of the agents in an automated manner on endpoints (i.e. pick-out non communicative endpoints) using an endpoint configuration management solution. Would scraping the status HTML be the only way? Or is there indeed a command line method of interacting with EMA direct?

• ESET Staff

Unfortunatelly there is currently no way how to find out status of AGENT in such a way. Only possibility for now is to check status.html log, but it is intended primarily for diagnostic of issues, and it's content might change version to version.
Would it be possible to provide more details of why would you do that and would would be outputs required for your scenario? Is it just to automate health-check of management agent using some other remote management tools?

2 hours ago, MartinK said:

Unfortunatelly there is currently no way how to find out status of AGENT in such a way. Only possibility for now is to check status.html log, but it is intended primarily for diagnostic of issues, and it's content might change version to version.
Would it be possible to provide more details of why would you do that and would would be outputs required for your scenario? Is it just to automate health-check of management agent using some other remote management tools?

That is precisely what we seek to do. When an agent gets installed, but with an improper config, then we want to be able to detect that the agent is not healthy. Short of it's absence in ESMC, we don't have a way to identify that.