activation key given not username password how to activate?

dar123
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Eset is overall pathetic 2 week passed but I am not able to activate my product on my laptop.. customer care says there is no product purchased they see on my name.. I can see my product key got registerd on 26th Jan 2021. on my laptop application ask for username and password.. Eset gave me activation key.. Now how am I suppose to use activation key where application ask only for username and passord.. I tried with myeset credentioal but application says its not valid.. 

Very bad exprience with Eset and customercare not even mails you from eset.. they mail you from differenty mail ID so how am I suppose to trust ?

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that you installed the legacy ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop?

Any current product requires a license key for activation.

I have downloaded appliation from my.eset.com after login there is option in license manage..

it shows eset nod 32 antivirus 4 in linux Ubuntu (latest version)

I have purchased it from Amazon wherein I got activation key. This activation key I have registered in my.eset.com portal on 26th.

I have attached screenshot for your reference.

Please guide on how to activate my subscription on my laptop?

Screenshot from 2021-02-06 21-30-26.png

Edited by dar123

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Couldn't it be that you installed the legacy ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop?

Any current product requires a license key for activation.

what do you mean by legacy eset nod32? I have downloaded from my.eset.com ...

how should I activate can you please guide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
13 hours ago, nosch said:

Please also send me my username and password... Will there be an update of the ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop?

Sent via PM.

It seems I have the same problem: downloaded and installed ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 (Ver. 4.0.96.0) for Linux from ESET Downloads (no third party) and bougth licenses. I got license keys and have a software which doesn't accept keys but wants username/password. What is the solution, please?