Windows 10 Lite Message About Security Center

Mezb
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

My antivirus it's on portuguese language I'd like to know how to get rid of this alert.

Since I'm just installed a Windows 10 Lite version made by a friend, where the Windows Defender and app store are removed. When I installed nod32 yesterday I get this alert which resuming says nod32 is setting up the complete protection, Waiting for Windows Security Center registry

Please, there is anyway to solve this?

This Windows 10 version is lighter for my computer.

nod.jpg

• Administrators

The Security Center service is disabled. Set its start type to Automatic (delayed start) either manually or by running "sc config wscsvc start= delayed-auto" as an administrator and rebooting the machine then.

I've checked your config. and recommend enabling the following for maximum protection:
1, LiveGrid feedback system
2, Detection of potentially unsafe applications
3, SSL filtering (did you disable it intentionally?)

If you would like to have your computer protected from brute-force RDP attacks, please consider upgrade to ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium. For the latter we will introduce an extra protection feature later this year.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

If you would like to have your computer protected from brute-force RDP attacks, please consider upgrade to ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium

...or simply check “Don’t Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer, without spending additional money.

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, Marcos said:

The Security Center service is disabled. Set its start type to Automatic (delayed start) either manually or by running "sc config wscsvc start= delayed-auto" as an administrator and rebooting the machine then.

I've checked your config. and recommend enabling the following for maximum protection:
1, LiveGrid feedback system
2, Detection of potentially unsafe applications
3, SSL filtering (did you disable it intentionally?)

If you would like to have your computer protected from brute-force RDP attacks, please consider upgrade to ESET Internet Security or ESET Smart Security Premium. For the latter we will introduce an extra protection feature later this year.

I noticed the user mentioned a custom lite version of Windows which probably also explains the error 

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a start.

As I told this is a customized windows version, as the Windows Defender was removed I believe the Security Center was removed or not working properly, but I tried I received the same message when I tried to enable it on services.msc "access denied"

I just wanted to skip the message, there isn't anyway to do that?

All my AV configs are set the way I want and use the AV for years.

I had problems with ssl connection on the past that disabling that option solved it.

By the way I exported my settings from win 7, and received a error message when imported it on win 10, but when I opened the setup I release everything was imported.1828080664_securitycenter.png.e640abdbc6529086412f0713294c0489.png

Yes, peteyt. Thank you.

• Administrators

I don't think that Microsoft provides a light version of Windows 10, it must be an unofficial version.The Security Center is an essential part of Windows 10. Such setup is not tested nor supported.

22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I don't think that Microsoft provides a light version of Windows 10, it must be an unofficial version.The Security Center is an essential part of Windows 10. Such setup is not tested nor supported.

The customize version of windows offers better performance, using less memory and resources the OS becomes lighter.

Is it really not possible to set the software to ignore that message?

• Administrators
  • Solution
10 minutes ago, Mezb said:

The customize version of windows offers better performance, using less memory and resources the OS becomes lighter.

No, it's not possible. On official versions of Windows 10 the Security Center service it runs and it is an essential part of the operating system.

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, Mezb said:

As Marcos has mentioned the security centre is a key element of Windows 10. There was another user a while back that had issues because they had it disabled, possibly using a similar custom version like yourself.

The thing is while a custom version might remove some bloatware, I'd worry it also removed the key security features Windows 10 offers 

As I told a friend of mine did the customize version, I installed a free AV on my dad notebook and didn't have any complaining, as I own a nod32 2 years license I believe I could get rid of the message.

My computer has only 6gb of ram and most of games today requires 8gb of minimum because of windows 10 that uses too much memory.