ESET v8 update changes

sk3y0n3

Is there any technical documentation on uPCU and how it will change our update processes?  What parts of ESET are now able to be automatically updated?  just the management agent? or the security product as well?

Edited by sk3y0n3

• Administrators

uPCU has been used to update consumer products to the latest version for some time already and so will update Endpoint from v8.0 to 8.1 and future versions. Basically you enable uPCU on clients via a policy (in the advanced update setup) and when uPCU becomes available, you will just approve EULA in the ESET PROTECT console before clients will upgrade to the latest version.

As far as I know, there are also plans to update the management update automatically in the future.

Marcos,  Thanks for your reply.  From reading other posts i read mention that the update will apply at the next reboot.  Will this allow us to push the update out to users but they will not get the alerts prompting to reboot?  Does it schedule the update at the time of next reboot?

On 2/3/2021 at 5:27 AM, Marcos said:

uPCU has been used to update consumer products to the latest version for some time already and so will update Endpoint from v8.0 to 8.1 and future versions. Basically you enable uPCU on clients via a policy (in the advanced update setup) and when uPCU becomes available, you will just approve EULA in the ESET PROTECT console before clients will upgrade to the latest version.

As far as I know, there are also plans to update the management update automatically in the future.

Marcos, is this the spot in the policy that you are referring to? 

2021-02-08_11-18-47.jpg