macOS Big Sur fully compatible ESET Endpoint Security BETA with Apple M1 chip support signup

• ESET Moderators

Hello @Nomix,

20 minutes ago, Nomix said:

Hi there!

I would also like to test it, M1 MBP with 16G RAM.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Ciprian.

good, I will send you further info in a moment via a private messages.

Peter

• ESET Moderators

The version 6.10.900 with full Big Sur and Apple M1 based devices has been released

https://forum.eset.com/topic/27922-eset-endpoint-products-for-macos-version-6109000-have-been-released/

Thank you all for your active participation and reported issues, which helped us to make the product much better.

I can say this was a very successful BETA program so thank you once again.

Peter

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Sean Freese said:

I would like to test the beta on our first M1 mac. Does this include the Remote Agent?

There is no beta to test at the moment. The recent beta has already been released and is available for download from ESET's website.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:46 PM, Peter Randziak said:

The version 6.10.900 with full Big Sur and Apple M1 based devices has been released

https://forum.eset.com/topic/27922-eset-endpoint-products-for-macos-version-6109000-have-been-released/

Thank you all for your active participation and reported issues, which helped us to make the product much better.

I can say this was a very successful BETA program so thank you once again.

Peter

Hi,

it not working anymore with the latest update BigSur 11.3 on M1 

Brgds

Matej

• ESET Moderators
8 minutes ago, Matej said:

Hi,

it not working anymore with the latest update BigSur 11.3 on M1 

Brgds

Matej

Hello @Matej,

in case anything does not work as expected, please make sure you have the latest available version of ESET installed.

If not upgrade it to see if the issue persists, I would recommend to enable pre-release updates as well.

If it persists get a set of logs by means of https://support.eset.com/en/kb3404-use-eset-logcollector-on-macos-and-send-the-logs-to-eset-technical-support and open a case for our tech support guys to check.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @Eric Will,

16 hours ago, Eric Will said:

My organization is also ordering a ton of these. I'm interested.

the version with full macOS Big Sur support is already released, you can download it at https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-security-mac/

Peter

I was mostly referring to the M1 support. My orginization just bought a large number of M1 Macs and it doesn't seem like ESET works with it. I've installed the agent and it runs but it never reports to the server and never executes any tasks so I can only assume it does not work since it is an Intel app that relies on kernel extensions.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Eric Will said:

I was mostly referring to the M1 support. My orginization just bought a large number of M1 Macs and it doesn't seem like ESET works with it. I've installed the agent and it runs but it never reports to the server and never executes any tasks so I can only assume it does not work since it is an Intel app that relies on kernel extensions.

ESET's products are compatible with M1 chips via Rosetta 2 emulation. We are not aware of any issues.

16 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET's products are compatible with M1 chips via Rosetta 2 emulation. We are not aware of any issues.

Wow, technically not a m1 or rosetta issue but but rather a Big Sur issue. Since M1 one Macs only run Big Sur it becomes a m1 issue.

I have an ongoing support case regarding the "Users may receive the following notification: '"ESET Endpoint Security" or "ESET Endpoint Antivirus" Would Like to Add Proxy Configurations'. If you receive this notification, click Allow"

I get this every time I install and when one clicks "allow" it stops all network traffic until you disable the network interface. This is a blocker when trying to deploy to hundreds of machines.

Second issue is that it alerts web and email protection is not working when we are disabling it through a ESET protect policy.

Please join the MacAdmins slack channel (MacAdmins.org) and get some feedback on how well your product is working on the Mac platform.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Peter:  I am currently using a new iMac 24 with the Apple M1 chip.  Please add me to the Beta test as soon as possible!

• ESET Moderators

Hello @rickn,

19 hours ago, rickn said:

Please tell me how I can sign up for the beta test of the Mac M1 chip security,  Thank you!

the BETA testing is over as we successfully released an RTM version with the M1 chip support.

It is available at https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/endpoint-security-mac/

applicable line from the changelog: "New: Apple M1 Chip support via Rosetta 2"

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
35 minutes ago, Prasanna said:

Hi, could you please provide me a link to the Beta version?

There is currently no beta version for Mac. You can activate a trial version of the latest version for Mac that is downloadable from www.eset.com.