My 6 month Eset Nod32 Antivirus code is not valid?

SweMike

Hello, please can i get som help with nod32 code issues?

I did purchase this nod32 code-sheet from a hardware store in Sweden called JULA like for a year ago.

JULA is a serious and they sold this only to JULA members. I did buy 4 sheets of codes (6month each) and have used two of them with no problem last year. Now my license of Nod32 will end (1th feb) so i tried to update.

I got a error of activation and a code ACT.5.

I know that the codes are good and Not used because i store them in my locked drawer at my home.

Please help me

Best regards

Michael 

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image2.jpg

1 hour ago, SweMike said:

I did purchase this nod32 code-sheet from a hardware store in Sweden called JULA like for a year ago.

JULA is a serious and they sold this only to JULA members. I did buy 4 sheets of codes (6month each) and have used two of them with no problem last year. Now my license of Nod32 will end (1th feb) so i tried to update.

I just just checked out the JULA web site in Sweden. They are indeed a "hardware" e.g. tools, etc., web site. Why they would be selling computer security software is beyond me.

Here is Eset's web site for Sweden: https://www.eset.com/se/ . As far as I can determine, they are the only authorized e-tailer in that country.

My best guess is these 6 month licenses you purchased were some type of special promotion or the like. I also suspect that they had an expiration date associated with them; possibly one year from purchase date regardless if license was installed or not.

You will have to directly contact JULA to straighten out this issue.

Edited by itman

Well, JULA do sell computer item aswell as clothes, shoes, lamps, microwave, lawnmowers and so on.

I did bought a 180days license from a well known and reliable software website  today because i tought that you said about a limited subscription aswell. That code did Not work either and showed the same error.

I did install NOD32 on another computer with a new nod32 account and guess what, same issue.

I think Eset has disable all this 180days and extended trail codes. And that i find that a crime because I have paid for this codes. The code sheets i got has no lable of TRAIL or LIMITED or 1 USE ONLY. It saids 6month license of ESET Nod32 AV.

Attached picture shows the last license i got activated in 5th of August.

Any more suggestions?

Best regards

Michael

nod32_utgången1.jpg

Edited by SweMike
modify

• Most Valued Members
17 minutes ago, SweMike said:

Well, JULA do sell computer item aswell as clothes, shoes, lamps, microwave, lawnmowers and so on.

I did bought a 180days license from a well known and reliable software website  today because i tought that you said about a limited subscription aswell. That code did Not work either and showed the same error.

I did install NOD32 on another computer with a new nod32 account and guess what, same issue.

I think Eset has disable all this 180days and extended trail codes. And that i find that a crime because I have paid for this codes. The code sheets i got has no lable of TRAIL or LIMITED or 1 USE ONLY. It saids 6month license of ESET Nod32 AV.

Attached picture shows the last license i got activated in 5th of August.

Any more suggestions?

Best regards

Michael

nod32_utgången1.jpg

What other site did you purchase from? I ask this as many licenses are sold on well known sites like Amazon and eBay but they are not sold by the site themselves but users. Many issues arise from these users buying one license and selling them on to multiple users which gets the license flagged and banned.

Also licenses are also location specific. People have bought licenses cheap online but find they won't work because they where bought in another country.

1 hour ago, SweMike said:

You received an ACT.5 activation error on your previously purchased 6 month licenses. If you received the same error on this newly purchased 6 month license, note the following:

ACT.5         Activation failed/Invalid License Key

Type or copy/paste the License Key into your ESET product as it is written.

If you receive the error message "Activation failed", then the Activation key you are using has already been activated or you entered an incorrect License Key. When the key was activated, an email was sent out to the registered email containing an ESET-issued Username, Password, and License Key.

Depending on the version of your product, you will need to enter one or more of these credentials into your ESET product to activate it.

Here's a reference to other Eset activation error codes and issues: https://support.eset.com/en/kb7297-resolve-act-or-ecp-errors-during-activation-home-users

As far as I am aware of, Eset does not issue 6 month licenses. The minimum license period is one year.

If you purchase an Eset license from other than an Eset authorized retail partner, you do so at you own peril. Eset does not charge for a trial license. The trial license period is for 30 days.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

The license listed above is a trial license. It was created on 08/05/2020 by Scandinavian Security Service and was valid for 6 months. As a trial version, you were not supposed to be charged for it. If you were, you should contact the reseller.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

It was created on 08/05/2020 by Scandinavian Security Service

Of note is this appears to be the official Swedish Eset subsidary:

ESET (Scandinavian Security Service)

Besøksadresse: Utmarksvägen 18, 442 39 Kungälv
Postadresse: Box 579, 442 16 Kungälv
Telefon: 0303211100

Bransje: Säkerhet

Nettside: www.eset.se

https://mforum.se/mf_profil/eset__scandinavian_security_service_/10489http://www.eset.se

Also an Eset trial license can only be activated once:

Activate Trial License

Enter your name and email address to activate your ESET NOD32 Antivirus trial version. The trial may only be activated once.

I also believe this also applies to subsequent attempts to use additional trial licenses on a given device or individual user which appears to be what is attempting to be done here.

Edited by itman