Alert

mikechan

i use windows 10 act ac ESET Protect server. The client PC is windows 7 with endpoint security ver 8.0.2028.0.

In ESET Protect server, i found that there has been alert" ESET Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly" about the client windows 7 PC.

However, i check that this windows 7 PC is running normally.

Thx,

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, mikechan said:

i use windows 10 act ac ESET Protect server. The client PC is windows 7 with endpoint security ver 8.0.2028.0.

In ESET Protect server, i found that there has been alert" ESET Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly" about the client windows 7 PC.

However, i check that this windows 7 PC is running normally.

Thx,

You are getting an alert from the ESET Security Management Center about your Windows 7 endpoint that it isn't functioning properly but when you check it , you see that it's working normally?

Is ESET working normally on the Windows 7 machine?

I reboot the client windows 7 PC. The eset protect server show that the status of this windows 7 PC is OK (refer to attachment eset01.jpg) . However, it appear warning after 9 minutes (refer to attachment eset02.jpg).

i ensure ESET is  working normally on the Windows 7 machine (refer to attachment eset03.jpg).

Thx,

eset01.jpg

eset02.jpg

eset03.jpg

The error "ESET Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly" is reported by the agent and not by the Endpoint therefore the Endpoint shows no issues.

The agent just forwards the status of the windows security center to ESET Protect. In the computer details you will find which function is actually affected (e.g. Windows Update or Windows Firewall) or you can check the Windows Security Center directly on the machine.

If you want to disable the warning please refer to the following knowledge base:
https://support.eset.com/en/kb6787-disable-windows-update-or-windows-firewall-notifications-in-eset-security-management-center-7x