Dropbox and self-updater constantly changing directory name triggers firewall in interactive mode to approve connection

I am running the firewall in interactive mode.

Dropbox downloads itself, like Microsoft apps, to a directory with an ever-changing version number, thus preventing me from whitelisting the directory.

How can I make ESET whitelist ALL Dropbox updates? Dropbox keeps terminating itself since it can't get an internet connection, thus constantly breaking syncing.

Reference from 2.5 years ago: 

Edited by Jedis

When is it on the roadmap to be implemented? I first brought it up over three years ago. More apps are moving to this, including Microsoft, and it's been a huge hassle constantly seeing the popup. In the case of Dropbox, the firewall is breaking the app's functionality.

This seems to be a major defect for the app that needs to be remediated. Turning off interactive mode is not a fix for a broken feature of the app.

Edited by Jedis

1 hour ago, Jedis said:

More apps are moving to this, including Microsoft

The reason why its not an issue for the Win firewall is Windows lets apps dynamically create firewall rules. This in effect overrides the purpose of using Interactive mode in the first place.

Edited by itman

1 hour ago, itman said:

The reason why its not an issue for the Win firewall is Windows lets apps dynamically create firewall rules. This in effect overrides the purpose of using Interactive mode in the first place.

Exactly. I should be able to whitelist an app to not ask me anymore. Such as Dropbox. Which is the whole purpose of the "create rule and remember me". ESET can easily see the app is digitally signed by Dropbox.

Edited by Jedis

12 hours ago, Jedis said:

I should be able to whitelist an app to not ask me anymore. Such as Dropbox. Which is the whole purpose of the "create rule and remember me". ESET can easily see the app is digitally signed by Dropbox.

Again, your missing the point. An app being signed does not guaranty that it is not malware. Numerous signed malware instances have been documented.