Got a question about a threat removed from a website

I clicked on a website by accident and it said threat removed.    Then It says in Eset Detections found and cleaned was 4.   So I did a scan and nothing came up.  Is everything alright with my computer

EsetDectation.png

EsetDectation1.PNG

• Administrators

Yes, everything is alright. The connection was terminated before the malware / adware could make it to your computer. It appears there have been 3 more threats detected in the last 20 days according to the report.

I know there was 2 times that I type in youtube wrong and it blocked by PUA Blacklist and other site that was blocked by internal blacklist,  But those threats of today was 4 because that screen was not there last couple of days.

• Most Valued Members

With the browser it blocked them stopping you downloading anything. The others are separate I belive and your logs will show you what was found and removed. You may also find it put them into quarantine. If its removed them and further scans are saying no threat found then you will be safe 

The Detections count on the Security Report does not include blocked web pages.

Scroll through your Detections log. Count up how many non-blocked web page detection's exist for the last 20 days.

Edited by itman

I will also make this comment about Eset's Security Report. I would take what is shown there "with a grain of salt." It for example. does not register a correct count for any Thunderbird e-mail scans for my IMAPS e-mail provider.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

It's also possible that network attack protection has blocked some attack attempts so checking just the detections or filtered websites logs may not be enough to find all detections.

Thanks everyone!!  I noticed I only have one  quarantine from yesterday but it says under security report that detections found and cleaned was 4. I have done in depth scan everything came back clean and I did a malwarebytes scan and that came back clean.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Purpleroses said:

Thanks everyone!!  I noticed I only have one  quarantine from yesterday but it says under security report that detections found and cleaned was 4. I have done in depth scan everything came back clean and I did a malwarebytes scan and that came back clean.

Good to hear. You mentioned malwarebytes. Do you just use this as an on demand scanner or do you have real-time protection enabled on this? I mention this as using real-time protection on it could cause issues such as conflicts with eset with both trying to do the same job

For malwarebytes I just use it as an on demand scanner.  Just was wondering why under security report it says detections found and cleaned was 4 but there is only one in quarantine?

1 hour ago, Purpleroses said:

For malwarebytes I just use it as an on demand scanner.  Just was wondering why under security report it says detections found and cleaned was 4 but there is only one in quarantine?

Position the mouse pointer over the quarantine entry. What is the value shown in the Count field?

Even though the value is just 1 for quarantine and security report for detection and clean was 4.  My computer should be alright right?  Every scan comes back clean.  There was no detections and clean message before this happened the other day.

• Most Valued Members
20 minutes ago, Purpleroses said:

Even though the value is just 1 for quarantine and security report for detection and clean was 4.  My computer should be alright right?  Every scan comes back clean.  There was no detections and clean message before this happened the other day.

Yes your computer will be fine