Jump to content

How can I configure Web Access Protection to auto clean the Threats but not to block the infected web site?


Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I think the subject is explaining everything :)

 

You may find the screenshots for the web site used as a subject for testing.

 

First configuration:

If I choose "Always remedy detection", "Remedy detection if safe, keep otherwise" or "Remedy detection if safe, ask otherwise" cleaning levels; Eset Internet Security blocks 1 threat, blocks the web site which is on the "List of allowed addresses" and I cannot enter the web site.

 

You may check the First configuration Screenshot - 01.

 

Second configuration:

 

If I choose "Always ask the end-user"; Eset Internet Security informs about 15 threats which can be blocked and/or deleted by manually with 15 steps of mouse clicking and I can enter the web site which is on the "List of allowed addresses".

 

You may check the Second configuration Screenshot 02 to 16.

 

Shortly I want Eset Internet Security to auto clean the web surfing but not block the websites so I can browse all the web.

 

Thank you for your support :)

Screenshot - 01.jpg

Screenshot - 02.jpg

Screenshot - 03.jpg

Screenshot - 04.jpg

Screenshot - 05.jpg

Screenshot - 06.jpg

Screenshot - 07.jpg

Screenshot - 08.jpg

Screenshot - 09.jpg

Screenshot - 10.jpg

Screenshot - 11.jpg

Screenshot - 12.jpg

Screenshot - 13.jpg

Screenshot - 14.jpg

Screenshot - 15.jpg

Screenshot - 16.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It is not possible to clean threats from web servers for obvious reasons. The whole infected page is detected and blocked.

Only an administrator of the compromised website can clean it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members

Looking into the site it appears to be games that are cracked. Cracks can seem to work but often have malate hidden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, peteyt said:

Looking into the site it appears to be games that are cracked. Cracks can seem to work but often have malate hidden.

But detection here is different , the page is loaded with a script that is being stopped by ESET

You can add uBlock Origin maybe it could help block the malicious script so ESET will stop detecting it because uBlock didn't load it/blocked it

uMatrix , you can control which parts can load specifically in the website.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Marcos,

Thank you for your swift reply :)

Yes, you are right, it is not possible to clean the web site server from my side but how about the ESET to disconnect and/or delete the infected downloaded pictures, connections, ads, banners, etc. while browsing via Firefox automatically, without blocking the whole page? Think like an adblocker as uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus, they block only the unwanted content but not the whole website.

I can do this manually while the settings are configured as "Always ask the end-user"; ESET loads the page, detects the threats and asks user for what to do and keep browsing the page. I want to do this with "Always remedy detection" configuration if it is possible.

-----

Hi peteyt,

Yes, this is a cracked programs web site but it is just for example, I am not using this page and I am not planning to do because it is really harmful and really contains trojans and etc. but there are some other sites on the net which contains Potentially Unwanted content mostly not harmful but ESET blocks the whole page or on the manual settings I have to click many times just for some ads before watching a movie or something else... My need is just to configure ESET to auto manage these things and not block the whole page.

-----

Hello Nightowl ,

Your idea seems like it can solve the problem, if the content is blocked before ESET is detecting it so there will be no action from the ESET side but it is useful if I want to use this web site and only to make some rules unique for this web site.

If my need was just this website, I could disable the ESET and open Firefox with Sandboxie after that get the files or links and clean the Sandboxie cache when I am done; but my need is non blocked website surfing while threats are auto managed by ESET blocks, deletes, quarantines (for the specific threats not the whole site).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Nightowl said:

But detection here is different , the page is loaded with a script that is being stopped by ESET

You can add uBlock Origin maybe it could help block the malicious script so ESET will stop detecting it because uBlock didn't load it/blocked it

uMatrix , you can control which parts can load specifically in the website.

 

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Hello Marcos,

 

Thank you for your swift reply :)

 

Yes, you are right, it is not possible to clean the web site server from my side but how about the ESET to disconnect and/or delete the infected downloaded pictures, connections, ads, banners, etc. while browsing via Firefox automatically, without blocking the whole page? Think like an adblocker as uBlock Origin or Adblock Plus, they block only the unwanted content but not the whole website.

 

I can do this manually while the settings are configured as "Always ask the end-user"; ESET loads the page, detects the threats and asks user for what to do and keep browsing the page. I want to do this with "Always remedy detection" configuration if it is possible.

 

-----

 

Hi peteyt,

 

Yes, this is a cracked programs web site but it is just for example, I am not using this page and I am not planning to do because it is really harmful and really contains trojans and etc. but there are some other sites on the net which contains Potentially Unwanted content mostly not harmful but ESET blocks the whole page or on the manual settings I have to click many times just for some ads before watching a movie or something else... My need is just to configure ESET to auto manage these things and not block the whole page.

 

-----

 

Hello Nightowl ,

 

Your idea seems like it can solve the problem, if the content is blocked before ESET is detecting it so there will be no action from the ESET side but it is useful if I want to use this web site and only to make some rules unique for this web site.

 

If my need was just this website, I could disable the ESET and open Firefox with Sandboxie after that get the files or links and clean the Sandboxie cache when I am done; but my need is non blocked website surfing while threats are auto managed by ESET blocks, deletes, quarantines (for the specific threats not the whole site).

 

You could use something like ublock possibly but in my experience if a site is hosting things that eset is warning you about then I'd be wary of the site itself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Spidey said:

 

Hello Nightowl ,

 

Your idea seems like it can solve the problem, if the content is blocked before ESET is detecting it so there will be no action from the ESET side but it is useful if I want to use this web site and only to make some rules unique for this web site.

 

If my need was just this website, I could disable the ESET and open Firefox with Sandboxie after that get the files or links and clean the Sandboxie cache when I am done; but my need is non blocked website surfing while threats are auto managed by ESET blocks, deletes, quarantines (for the specific threats not the whole site).

 

I would go against turning off your AV/Security Product, By using uBlock/uMatrix(uMatrix is different than Adblockers) it won't put ESET aside , but they will act before , because they will prevent the script to load , then ESET won't block it because it didn't load from the first place(was blocked by uBlock if it's ad or was blocked as script by uMatrix)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...