Upgrade to ESET PROTECT Version 8.0 (8.0.1238.0)

Go to solution Solved by MichalJ,

Hi

Hope you can assist me. I have upgraded ESET PROTECT Version 8.0 (8.0.1238.0). I cannot get to create and upgrade installer.  Is there perhaps a wizard of van somebody guide me in the right direction?

• Administrators

Please clarify what installer you mean. In order to upgrade agent on clients just send an ESET PROTECT components upgrade task to them. In order to upgrade Endpoint on clients, send a software install task that will have Endpoint v8 selected as product.

Thanks Marcos. I am fairly new to ESET as a product, and do not know the product well. Can you please advise how I can get this task done?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hello @Danie. Once your server is upgraded to V8, you can navigate to "tasks", and select a task called "ESET PROTECT Components Upgrade". Over there you choose a reference server version (V8 will be offered) and you target this task to either a specific computers you want to upgrade, or to a specific group. It will instruct all connected clients to download and apply the update of the newest agent. 

If you want to upgrade the security products (Endpoints), for this you have to use the "Software install task", just choose the desired version you want to install. Please note, that reboot is required in order to reset the drivers loaded in the operating system to ensure maximum protection, so it´s recommended to schedule it during a maintenance window. Agents do not require reboot, and can be updated virtually anytime. 

• ESET Staff

In case of smaller networks, it might be even easier to use one-click actions from main dashboard. For example clicking on red (outdated) bars:
image.png

will let you to upgrade specific components. Since ESET PROTECT 8.0 it is possible to update also management agents in this fashion. Technically it works in the same way as recommend in previous comments, except that logic is hidden.