About Connected Home Device Name backup

• ESET Insiders

Hi, 

I Just wanna know that if there's any way to take a backup of al the devices name that connected to my network & all those I named in & under ESET Connected Home.

If I take the backup from here (See attached Screenshot), then that'd be taking all the devices name backup (bind with respective MAC ids) or not.

PS: Already tired, & it seems backing up from this option only backup eset advance settings options, not backing up the device names.

Posting here for confirmation from other users. 

1.png

• Administrators

If you want to temporarily uninstall the program and keep CHM data, back up "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\homenet.dat" in safe mode. I for one don't see any other reason to back up this file.

• ESET Insiders
On 1/23/2021 at 2:55 AM, Marcos said:

If you want to temporarily uninstall the program and keep CHM data, back up "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\homenet.dat" in safe mode. I for one don't see any other reason to back up this file.

Thanks @Marcosbut IMO, this should've been implimented under settings backup & resote feature, so that the user don't have to manually copy-paste everytime after reinstalling ESET. Can you or anyone pass this suggestion to the dev? Or where can I post this so that the dev can see this? 

• Administrators

Only the configuration is backed up during upgrade. What you can do is contact your local ESET distributor to file a market requirement. With many users demanding such feature and if evaluated as reasonable and feasible, there's a good chance it could be implemented in future versions.

• ESET Insiders
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Only the configuration is backed up during upgrade. What you can do is contact your local ESET distributor to file a market requirement. With many users demanding such feature and if evaluated as reasonable and feasible, there's a good chance it could be implemented in future versions.

I thought this eset forum would be the best place to share any suggestion/feedback/complaint. 

• ESET Insiders
On 1/23/2021 at 2:55 AM, Marcos said:

Hey @Marcos, I backed up that 'homenet.dat' file as you told, but after a reinstall, not able to paste that over there i.e. C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\. Any idea how to do that? Should I have to paste that in safe mode as well?