Get EFDE Workstation ID remotely

Markwd

Hi,

I Was wondering if there is an option to obtain the EFDE Workstation ID remotely through a Windows script or commandline utility.

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid this is not possible to do with EFDE, the Workstation ID can only be found on the EFDE Pre-boot login screen and within the EFDE Client via 'Help and Support' -> 'About ESET Full Disk Encryption'.

May I ask why you need to obtain the Workstation ID remotely through either a Windows script or Commandline utility?

Edited by Kstainton

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Kstainton,

We would like to also store the Workstation ID as a Custom Property in Solarwinds N-Central. In case the workstation has lost connection to the ESET Protect environment, we can then create a Recovery Password by looking at this Custom Property, wthout having to ask the customer to provide this.

I noticed a tool C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Full Disk Encryption\EFDEcmd.exe and was hoping this was a commandline utility for such commands, but until now that utility seems of no use.

• ESET Staff

Hi @Markwd

On your ESMC Server host machine you can use the following SQLCMD command to get the Workstation ID for a machine based upon its Computer Name:

sqlcmd -S localhost\ERASQL -d era_db -Q "SELECT tbl_encryption_recovery_data.device_identifier FROM [era_db].[dbo].[tbl_computers] JOIN tbl_encryption_recovery_data ON tbl_computers.computer_uuid = tbl_encryption_recovery_data.device_uuid WHERE computer_name = 'COMPUTER NAME'"

I hope this helps you as it will not require any contact with the customer in order to acquire the Workstation ID. Thank you.

Edited by Kstainton