Suggestions:eset requires a privacy protection function

eset now requires a privacy protection function, including the privacy folder function. You can add a specified folder to the specified application, and the specified application can read it instead of all applications. When an application violates read and write regulations, you can pop up a window prompt. Even for more important data directories, such as browser history folders, record the operation records of reading and writing applications to form statistics.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, yanchenyu said:

eset now requires a privacy protection function, including the privacy folder function. You can add a specified folder to the specified application, and the specified application can read it instead of all applications. When an application violates read and write regulations, you can pop up a window prompt. Even for more important data directories, such as browser history folders, record the operation records of reading and writing applications to form statistics.

Do you mean like having the ability to switch Permissions for specific Folders through ESET?

On 1/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, Marcos said:

You can protect a folder and allow write access for a specific process by creating the appropriate HIPS rules.

Hello, Marcos 

I try to create a block file operations, I can't  find any  " folder access only" switches in file operations options,  like this picture.

1724543936__20210122000230.png.d7105ded5ab83aad8f32a441306bd52f.png

I checked the description of "Direct access to disk"(this switch is in the middle) and I don't think it's the same as the "only access to folders" feature I was thinking of, so I don't know if this option will do the job of blocking access.

Direct access to disk – Application is trying to read from or write to the disk in a non-standard way that will circumvent common Windows procedures. This may result in files being modified without the application of corresponding rules. This operation may be caused by malware trying to evade detection, backup software trying to make an exact copy of a disk, or a partition manager trying to reorganize disk volumes.

So I'm a little confused and feel that none of these options would fit my intended idea. Or there is no such options in HIPS?  It is possible that there is a problem with my settings, too. I hope you can answer this in your busy schedule.

Greeting.

1 hour ago, ReinaKirisame said:

Hello, Marcos 

I try to create a block file operations, I can't  find any  " folder access only" switches in file operations options,  like this picture.

1724543936__20210122000230.png.d7105ded5ab83aad8f32a441306bd52f.png

I checked the description of "Direct access to disk"(this switch is in the middle) and I don't think it's the same as the "only access to folders" feature I was thinking of, so I don't know if this option will do the job of blocking access.

So I'm a little confused and feel that none of these options would fit my intended idea. Or there is no such options in HIPS?  It is possible that there is a problem with my settings, too. I hope you can answer this in your busy schedule.

Greeting.

EDIT: A block file operations rule 😂

I'm sorry to quote it again, because I can't find the EDIT button in my previous reply....😭